Friday, May 10, 2013

Tested - Part One

This year I felt that my patience is being tested, seriously.

First, the class of children.
Had always been given the older-aged group of children for the last many years. It been a while since I had the five-years-old.

I must say that this year’s batch of children (more so for morning class) are pretty “unique” cause I don’t recalled any challenging moments when I took the similar aged-group children years back or even when I was helping out in in xSs.

Either due to their age or their overly-loving and overly-strong-bond that made them quarrel almost EVERYDAY - anytime and anywhere. Though this can be “common” among children but felt that theirs can be quite extreme.


To be honest, sometimes it can really drives me up when all their quarrels and their complains reach what I can take for the day. 
And worse is when one cried because of I-don’t-friend-you or I-don’t-love-you.

Most of the time, I chose to ignore all the tiny winy issues.
Occasionally or when it went too much, I will address the issue to the whole class. 

I will nag, nag, nag and nag!!! Haha! 

Beside all these friend-friend issues, this class has a couple of children where I need to CONSTANTLY talk to them and remind them.  


There were days where my mood can be affected by them but thank God for the “balance” as afternoon class is so much more peaceful. There were days when after I dismissed them, not only will I feel peace in my ears but also half of my energy gone. Haha! 
 
Still, I thank God that as the months goes by and entering in to the end of Term 2, things are improving.
I thank God I didn’t “lose” them as they still respect and accept my authority.
 
There were also feedback from Principal that she can see this class toning down and “disciplined”. Haha! All these doesn’t come easy.
Thank God my 3months didn’t go into waste. And also despite being “disciplined”, they are happy children who never fail to surprise me with their actions and words. 


To be continued...

No comments: