Wednesday, June 28, 2006

gOOd!

5 Days 4 Nights… spent at Bangkok! =)
More than just the shoppingsSsSsSsS and makaningSsSsSsS… it had been a good experience for me to see the life/people at
Bangkok.

I’m truly amazed by their shopping centre’s foodcourt! We’re welcomed by the friendly staffs and of course- the grand-ness of the place. It surely doesn’t look like foodcourt in Singapore, by the grandness you will thought you are inside a restaurant instead (check it out at my webshots once the photos is uploaded).
After purchasing food at the food counter, I made my way to my seats and before I even reached… one of the waitress came to me and took my tray and helped me laid out the bowls on my table! Wowowow… I’m truly amazed by the service provided at the foodcourt! They actually have waiters and waitress positioned everywhere in the foodcourt, all ready to serve the customers.

Not only at the foodcourt… the Thai peopled we met along the way, at the restaurant, at the shops, at our hotel etc… are all very friendly and approachable. =)

On the very last day, together with Bro Jinzhi & Sis Winnie, we decided to walk back from MBK to our hotel after a full feast of dinner. Looking at the map, we saw this church and so decided to make the turn there. Our intention is actually only to see the building but amazingly, we saw this 2 man inside office- with a simple smile from us, they came out and “entertain” us by bringing us around to see their main halls. Divine timing! That particular day is their once-a-week prayer meeting day so we decided to sit in since we have no plan for that night.

Entire service was in Thai- praise and worship, preaching, testimony and prayer meeting. Though I don’t understand what they said/preached but could really feel the presence of God during worship. Not many members there, guess just slightly more than 10 including the musicians but I’m amazed by their simple love and faith for God. We are treated like their VIPs, they are truly good hosts… we are greatly welcomed by the members! Before we left, we exchanged emails and took photos with them (check it out when is uploaded).

To our surprise… the 2 man who “entertain” us at the beginning was actually the senior pastors of the church! We are shocked! Senior pastors bringing 3 of us around the hall. I’m amazed by their hospitality. Even one of the ladies who has been a great host to us and who also interpreted for us during the service was also one of the pastor there. Wowowowow!

No comments: