Thursday, September 14, 2006

An UnFoRgEtTaBlE tUeSdAy

I went to school as usually… just when I saw one of my colleagues standing outside the school and it got me more puzzled when I saw another colleague and my principal outside too. Just when I got near the school, I saw our entrance’s window broken. At the moment when my colleague asked me to peep in, I actually don’t dare cause didn’t know what to expect. Haha!

Incident which I heard in news before & just dont understand why... all happenED right infront of my eyes!

Burglary took place in our school… kindergarten! (wondering “why” right?) Me too actually!
Quite “big scale”- with police and CIDs questioning, checking fingerprints and footprints etc. Only missing thing is media! Haha… just kidding!

The culprit/s broke through the window and with the assistance of our school's hammer, knocked out a hole on the “wall” (made of wood) of the office and opened up all the lockers, leaving a BIG mess… taking all the $ they can find.

Few "interesting factors" about the culprit/s that was among us staffs' talking points-
. while climbing in the window, the culprit/s dropped his workplace’s name tag
. instead of easily opening the door to escape, the culprit/s actually took the extra effort and went to my class (2 rooms away from office) and with all the might, bended the window grill and escaped
. beside having the time to munch on some biscuits from our kitchen, the culprit/s drank a bottle of vitagen from the fridge and threw it on the floor (leaving down his saliva for the police)

Still the culprit/s left us some “thinking” to do as is such a coincidence that the burglary took place during the week of intense school fees’ collection, somehow know the location of our hammer & even know that the “wall” of office is not fully wall.

=) Kept my school & the children in prayers!

Is amazing to see how school went on per normal on Wed… of course still a “talking topic” among parents and us staffs. This incident made all of us in school to always be cautious and to ensure doors closed at all times. One thing for sure is that this incident has somehow left a little “fear” in all of us.
My school's cook (the 1st to witness the scene) was extra more careful when she came to school today, double check her surrounding before fully open the door. Haha! Even I myself- during my break time, I was sitting at the lobby, just then there was few hard knocks on the door... it caught me BIGGGG time! I was afraid for that second! Haha! They are actually the HDB people who came to mend the wall. =p

=) Will surely continue to keep my school in prayersss... for protection!
No doubt about it... thank God this doesn't take place during school hours which will somehow danger the children & staffs in school.

No comments: