Tuesday, April 15, 2008

08 nEw ChIlDrEn'S cOrNeR pArT 2

mOmEnT #5A
Cher Lim: What did you learn in church yesterday?
Child N aka Young Evangelist: Yesterday... Yesterday sister sick so we never go church
Cher Lim: Oh! Child N, Easter is coming, do you know what is Easter?
Child N: I... I don't know
Cher Lim: Is it Jesus' birthday?
Child N: No... Jesus' birthday is Christmas
Cher Lim: Oh I see! Child N, do you love Jesus?
Child N: Y... Yes!
Cher Lim: Why?
Child N: * super convicted * Because... Because He love you (guess she trying to say “me”)
Cher Lim: Child N, who do you like most? Mummy or Jesus?
Child N: * stopped for seconds * I like... I like Jesus more!
Cher Lim: Wooo....
Child N: But... But God also said that we... we must honor our parents
Cher Lim: @@! That's right!

mOmEnT #5B
Cher Lim: Children, can you name me words that start with the letter J?
Children: Jelly! Jungle! Jack! ... etc etc ...
Cher Lim: Anything else?
Child N: Cher Lim, I know! J for Jesus!
Child K: Jesus? What is Jesus?
Child L: J... Jesus!
Child S: I also got go to Sunday School
Child N: * full of conviction * Jesus is God!
Cher Lim: * secretly Amen * Ok Children, back to lesson now. If you want to know who is Jesus, you can go to Child N later.

MomEnT #6
(Cher Lim don't know to be discouraged or encouraged about ... hEeHeE)
* in the morning, during snack time *
... ... ...
Cher Lim: Child SH, you have extra class later so must finish your food during lunch ok
Child SH: I... I have class?
Cher Lim: Yes... later after school
Child SH: Yeah! I have class!
* in the afternoon, during lunch time *
... ... ...
Child SH: * beginning .. eating normally *
* a while later .. unwilling look *
Child SH: Cher W, I... I don't want to eat already
Cher W: * turned around, just about to address to him *
Child SH: * looked up and saw Cher Lim standing at the entrance * @@!
Child SH: * just before Cher W can say anything to him, Child SH get back to his food again *
Cher W: * wondered why the sudden change, looked up and saw Cher Lim ... giggled *
Cher Lim: * giggled ... walked away *

* shortly after *
Auntie G: * goes to Child SH cause he “looked” very full to her * You still want to eat?
Child SH: * silence ... “helpless” look *
Auntie A: You still want to eat?
Child SH: * super full-look * I... ... * looked up and saw Cher Lim at entrance again * I... I want
Cher Lim: * giggling ... walked to him * Child SH, you still want to eat?
Child SH: * fearful look * I... I dont want already
Cher Lim: =) Ok.. if you are full already then you can stop
Child SH: * relieved *

mOmEnT #7
Cher Lim: Child N, what did you do in church yesterday? Did you celebrate Easter?
Child N aka Evangelist: Yes... I go to church
... ... ... ... ...
Cher Lim: Jesus died already?
Child N: Yes! He on the cross... But He alive already
Cher Lim: Oh... how come? I thought He died already?
Child N: Yes... But... but now He alive already
Cher Lim: How come He can be alive again?
Child N: Powerful... Jesus is powerful
Cher Lim: How come He never died?
Child N: Because... Because He is powerful what!
Cher Lim: Oh... I see... Then where He is now?
Child N: He... He is in heaven
Cher Lim: What is He doing there?
Child N: He... He looking after all of us. When we died then we can go heaven and see Him.
Child S: * joined in suddenly * Yes... I also know Jesus is in heaven
Cher Lim: Child N, did Jesus punish the soldiers who killed him?
Child N: No.. He never... He is good
Cher Lim: Why He never punish them?
Child N: * being challenged * Because... Because... Because He died to wash our sin away
Cher Lim: Oh... what is sin? Is it good or bad?
Child N: I... I dont know. Jesus died to wash our sin
Cher Lim: Oh...

mOmEnT #8
Cher Lim: Children, can you name me words that start with the letter “M”
Children: Monkey! Mother! Mouth! Monday! March! .. .. .. ..
Cher Lim: That's good! Anymore?
Child JO: Mas... Mas Selamat!
Cher Lim: @@!

mOmEnT #9
* Cher Lim having sharing-session about occupation *
Cher Lim: ... ... ...
Children: ... ... ...
Cher Lim: How about those in a school?
Children: Teacher! Cleaner! Principal
Cher Lim: Ok! Do you know who is the principal of our kindergarten?
Children: Teacher JA!
Cher Lim: Yes.. correct!
Child B: Then what about Teacher ST (one of the shareholders)
Cher Lim: Hmm... Teacher JA is the principal and Teacher ST is the big big boss of this school
Cher Lim: What is the teachers' role in school?
Children: Teaching!
Cher Lim: Then how about the principal
Children: * silence *
Child S: Walk around

mOmEnT #10
* children having their own conversation *
... Cher Lim @ the other side of classroom, totally not sure what's going on ...
Child J: * very frustrated-look * Cher Lim... ....
Cher Lim: @@! Yes, Child J?
Child J: I tell them (friends) I am “christian” but they said I am not “cristian”
Cher Lim: * confused for the start *
Child J: I am “christian” but that “cristian”. Jesus! I know Jesus one!
Cher Lim: * enlightened *
Child J: I am that Jesus' “christian” * walked away happily *

ps: Haha! Actually there is a boy in Child J's group whose name is “CRISTIAN”

No comments: