Thursday, January 22, 2009

=) or =/

I was on mc few days back, the next day when I returned, I was pretty touched by the responses I received from the children.

I was in the kitchen when I overheard the conversation between children who arrived in the school bus @ the entrance
... of course the following are just “agar agar” as I cant remember exactly what they said but more or less same “idea” ...

Child 1: * suddenly * Cher Lim!
Child 2: Cher Lim got come a not!
Child 3: Don't know...
Child 4: Have
Child 1: * silence *
Child 2: Where?
Child 3: * silence *

* children entered the school *
Child 1: * walked past the kitchen * There... There... Cher Lim! Cher Lim!
Child 2: Friend 2, come come! Cher Lim in the kitchen!
Chid 3: Cher Lim!
Child 4: Cher Lim! Cher Lim!
Child 5: Cher Lim!
Cher Lim: =) Hello...

* the moment I came out *
Children: Cher Lim!!! Cher Lim!!!
Child S: Cher Lim, you know hor... yesterday Child J said “lousy”
Child J: Child S like that like that also...
* it went on and on and on ... child after child after child *
Cher Lim: * listened patiently as knew they had stored one day of “complains” for me *

Whenever I'm back after my mc... I will received different responses from my children to why I never come to school.
Some can asked “why last time you never come?” where it was actually the day before. Haha!
During my days in pcf kindergarten, there was a child who mumbled to himself infront of me, “why Cher Lim never come that time?” Haha!

But this is the FIRST time I received such overwhelming responses from so many children.
More to the “complaints” waiting for me, I'm touched by the reactions, their excitement when they see me back again!

=)

No comments: