Thursday, April 15, 2010

little by little, slow and steady - 1

The last meeting left me with some thoughts…
When I first joined LSK, a camera was attached to me. I was amazed by the generosity of the school - every form teacher actually has a camera. Is like “what a luxury!!” Of course school’s property. Haha!

We the teachers are encouraged to capture moments where children engaging at learning corners, where children having outdoor/indoor lesson, where children having outdoor snack, where children having water play, where children go for excursion, for portfolio etc etc etc.


Others that need to take photos will be:
- the physical arrangement when a new area are set up
e.g. previously our school’s atrium (common area for all levels) had “Our Neighbourhood” clinic, supermarket & cafĂ© are set up for children’s role-play

- during mass celebration
e.g. previously during CNY, the committee members got to take photos for filing purpose

- etc etc etc etc

Later then I realized why, all for “SOP”. This is my third kindergarten but this is the first time I encountered this term in this field.

That’s why when I first joined LSK, I was “drowning in the water” cause beside the many things to learn, to catchup and to do, there’s a standard of doing things so that’s why the pressure came in.
But I thank God that from term 1’s drowning to now "kicking in the water" in term 2.

Recently encountered some shocking “tides”.

to be continued…

No comments: