Wednesday, July 13, 2005

CHILDREN are CHILDREN

These 3 weeks in school has been like a “battle” to me. =)

Battle #1 –
Opponent: a K2 girl name ABC
Background: very quiet girl in school … even go toilet also have to ask friend to ask for her

~ 30 minutes have passed since all the children got their worksheet … I came to ABC to collect. What! I flipped when I see there is only her name on her worksheet … after a whole 30mins! And then:

Teacher Yanni: How come your work is not done?
ABC: *silence*
Teacher Yanni: Hello! You sit here for half an hour and you did nothing!
ABC: *gave a yaya-papaya smile*
Teacher Yanni: How come you did nothing?
ABC: *continue giving her yaya-papaya smile*
Teacher Yanni: What happened to you?
ABC: *her yaya-papaya smile gets bigger*
Teacher Yanni: *super duper angry already … especially after seeing that papaya smile*
You no need to do already!
*taking the paper away from her*
ABC: *stop smiling* *stared at me*
**THREW HER PENCIL BACKWARD**
Teacher Yanni: Why do you throw your pencil? Didn’t you know your friends is sitting behind
you? What if the pencil hurt them? Go and pick the pencil up!
ABC: *motion-less* *raise her hand at me*
Teacher Yanni: You want to beat me? Come! This is my hand!
ABC: *silence* *cover her head on the table and started crying*

OH NO! What happened to the children nowadays?! She is only 6 years old and can you imagine, when her teacher scolds her, she wants to beat her teacher. But after all, victory still goes to the teacher! =) At the end of the day, she came crying to me and said, “Sor … Ry … Tea … Cher … Yan … Ni!”

Battle #2 –
Opponent: a K2 class
Background: a class with many active boys & many girls who have problem understanding Eng

~ got to explain to them what to do for their homework … knowing they are rather active, got them to sit on the chairs so that they won’t get into contact so much. When I started to explain, the children at Station 1 decided to have their mini chat and I have to stop to ask them to keep quiet. And just when I start explaining again, the children at Station 2 decided to start too and again I have to stop to ask them to be still. Next moment the children at Station 1 decided to be funny and played with the pencils. Argghhhhhhh!

That is when I begin to think and calculate- I got four K2 classes in a day, and if they have common work, that’s mean I have to explain 4 times a day. And to break it down, in one class alone … I have to explain at least 10 times before I can get all children’s attention. Wait! I haven’t include my four K1 classes and for them, they need more times before they can really give you the attention and really fully understand what you are talking about. So is really very demanding to my throat … got to pray for protection of my throat and my voice! So really have to discipline myself to drink more water!

1 comment:

Shihui said...

Ya have to take care of your throat wo...But believe that that God will protect you...perhaps u want to try to pray over your classroom before your "children are children" come in...Heard one of the pastor try before..Suggestion..