Sunday, August 28, 2005

breakTHROUGH

I have this particular student who I have in my bus’ contact list … he has never been to church. Few visits to his house = scary experience, that was because of the father. When we are the doorstep he will stand very far from us, he will be in the kitchen! Then with his unfriendly and fierce face, either he will don’t reply us at all or he will speak so softly that we can’t hear a single thing from him. And when we asked to see his son, he will refused and give us a look like go before the broom come. My helper and I are both sisters, so we can’t be so super persistence … we need to be wise. So everytime we will leave the house feeling rejected. =(

Just this week, my helper and I went to visit again (despite of the rejection). Quite scary at first as the door was closed but the gate was opened widely. So I told my helper that we better close the gate before knocking. =p After much knocking ............... the dad opened the door! Oooops … just imagine- in a dark house, an unfriendly fierce man stood right in front of you, no good no good. Seriously if not because this visit was with a brother helper, I will have turn and run away. Heehee.

But THANK GOD … the dad didn’t slammed the door straight or even chase us away but instead he actually stood STILL there and talked to us. We had a more “decent” talk with him, got to know more about his son … quite a while some more (compare to the past few times of “seconds of conversation”). Though the dad don’t allow his son to come JAMs still but at least there is a breakthrough! So really thank God for that. I will keep on visiting and visiting and visiting!

The only time I saw the student was at the very first visit I made, where he came and opened the door for me … that moment when I saw him, felt something in my heart saying: “this boy needs love. this boy needs Jesus”. So I am going to keep praying and praying, keep making the visits and believe that one day … the dad’s heart will be open and this student will get to know and experience Jesus. =)

2 comments:

datacrush said...

I'm just browsing through CHC members' blogs at random... I just want to say, "Good testimony. Great job! Keep up the faith."

Shihui said...

Hey yanni...really encourage by your passion in winning the lost to JEsus...! Keep on doing good and in due season. you will surely reap !!! Amen!!!