Tuesday, May 23, 2006

surprise-less BDAE adventure...

On my actual bdae, I met up with my kakis at GlassHouse for dinner.
My “surprises revealed adventure” started when KN asked me what time SH is coming. I was shocked… you mean SH is coming?! Then when I turned to look at JZ and SM, there was a unnatural look on their face like “oh no! surprise burst!”. =p

Just when I was told that not many will turn up for my birthday dinner by JZ… from the staff at GlassHouse, I overheard that actually our seats has been reserved beforehand and from not many will turn up for dinner, I heard the staff telling SM, “Ok, table for 10 right.” Hahaha… I thought not many will turn up for dinner.

As we were waiting for the rest, I received a sms from CQ that she will be late for dinner. Wowow, I wasn’t told that CQ is coming, was only told that SH came on behalf of all. Just when SH reached, she told me about YJ who is on her way and I was again shocked that “YJ is coming too!”. When I told JZ about CQ and YJ, he got a ...... look! muahahaha!
Other than them, I also happened to know other (YJ & YY) who also being invited but couldnt make it. Think all this, the "organiser/s" for my bdae meant it to be a surprise for me. Heehee! =)

The dinner went off well… except for an embarrassing moment where I am being sabo, not by my own kakis but by the staff of Fish & Co. as I failed to accomplish their task to blow off my candles on my cake on the table while standing on the chair without bending my body/head. I was asked to dance! When I failed to do it, I was asked to “invite” someone from other table to dance with and it must be a guy. It was really a moment of embarrassment… (hello! I am 22 years young! not keen on all this already). I rather be splashed with flour or water or powder! =)

The night was completed when Sis Iris and Chris came after their cell group meeting. Though only fellowship for a while but was a fruitful time. Was kandong that Sis Iris and Chris took the extra mile and came met me up despite of the late hour.

My “surprise-less adventure” didn’t end just like that… on Sunday before service, JL turned to me:
JL: Why you didn’t wear your skirt and jacket today?
Me: Huh?! What jacket?
JL: They (kakis) brought you a jacket right?
Me: Hmmm… don’t have. Just a shirt ar!
JL: Oh… they got buy you a jacket also
Me: Hmmm… don’t have lehz
JL: Maybe later they will give you
Me: Oh.. … … … OK!

Hahahah… a meant-to-be surprise from my kakis to give me my 2nd present was again revealed so when my kakis passed me the present, before I even open it, I already knew it was a jacket.

Still I want to thank ALL for making my birthday a interesting, great & memorable one!

No comments: