Monday, October 27, 2008

I ask ask ask

Bye Bye! See you next Sunday!”

Every week whenever I looked at the back views of my students after they alighted from the bus, questions will always flood my mind - “What will they be doing later?” “Are they just going to stay at home?” “What will they be doing at home?”

Unlike many of us, we have uncountable dates to go to, so many friends to date with, so many activities to choose from BUT they may not be so (at least for some). For those who don't have the ability to, most probably they will spend most of their time at home.

For some of my students, perhaps their only “go out time” other than workplace everyday is to church every weekend. One of my students, CY – he is not very high but with certain level of understanding. He doesn't like to go out, not even to coffeeshop to get dinner. He doesn't like to go to the gathering with his cousin. Even on the death of his grandparent, he also doesn't attend the funeral. Why? Perhaps is low self-esteem, perhaps he himself know that he is “not the same” as his cousin? As the people out there? Or he may have encounters of people starring at him?

No comments: