Friday, October 10, 2008

InTeReStInG...

Recently a K2 girl brought her encyclopedia to school. I flipped through and found a topic on planets (the current theme for our school) so spent some time to go through with the class. Since there were some time left, I decided to fill them with some other knowledge so came to this on the different vitamins.

There was a picture that show “pig kidney” then don't know how come will link and I was telling the children that there are people who not just eat pig kidney but also liver, blood etc and even duck's tongue. Their reaction was HUGE & DRAMATIC ... haha ... guess they totally cant believe people eat all that.

Separate issues that shocked the children:
~ Cher Lim has mummy & daddy... to the children, they find it hard to believe that teachers have parents. Maybe to them, only little children have mummy & daddy. =)

~ Cher Lim can speaks Mandarin! Haha! The children know Cher Lim as a English teacher who teaches English & Math. When they suddenly hear Cher Lim speaks Mandarin (when they wanted to "test" me), they were shocked and want "test" me more..
Just recently a K2 boy asked me whether I can speak Malay so I did (simple ones like “makan”) and he was totally amazed and requested me to say to his friend. Haha!

Simple encounter with the children but guess that just cheer up my day. =)

Few days back, I was with the K1 (5yrs old) - during storytime, I was reading a book “What a Catch” to the children. The short story is about this girl who went fishing with her dad. But instead of catching fish, she got a frog, a turtle, a snake at first few attempts. Each time when I read the parts that the girl caught the wrong thing, the children will laugh and laugh and LAUGH.
Encore” happened, after 1st read, they requested me to read another. After 2nd, they requested for 3rd and even requesting for more. The best part is each time I read, though they already know what will happen, they still laugh and laugh and laugh.

Is nice being with children... =)


No comments: