Wednesday, February 11, 2009

ChEr LiM's MoMeNtS #1


=) is back once again ... the xxth year of “publication” of Children's talk. Haha! Though is rather “too detailed” but no doubt it is one of the highlights of Yanni's blog. Haha! Happy reading!

mOmEnT 1
* during play time on the very first day of the school *
Child J: Teacher Lim, see! This is one is a speedcar (using lego)

Cher Lim: Wowow! Where is your driver?
Child J: * paused a while * This one automatic!

Cher Lim: =)


mOmEnT 2
* during lunch time *
Children: Very hot, the rice very hot

Child I: Cher Lim very hot
Y Laoshi: How you know Cher Lim very hot?

Cher Lim: Haha!

* in the midst of noise *

Child Jo: Y Laoshi, hen la!
Y Laoshi:
* overlooked cause busy with others *
Child Jo: Y Laoshi, wo de rice hen la!


... seconds later ...

Child Jo: Y Laoshi, wo yao he hen duo water ... hen la

... seconds later ...

Child Jo: Y Laoshi, wo de rice hen spicy leh


* Cher Lim who was at the next room couldn't stop laughing cause of Child Jo's mixture of English & Mandarin and determination to get Y Laoshi's attention *


mOmEnT 3
* @ the playground on the very first day of the school *
Child A: Teacher Lim, am I 6 years old?

Cher Lim: Yes you are! Why?

Child A: That one say only 6 years old can play

Cher Lim: ????
Child A: Come! I show you

* Child A brought Cher Lim over to a play equipment that indicated that only children age 3-6 can play on *

Child A: See! Here says 3-6 years old can play

Cher Lim: Oh I see I see! Hmm... then can I stand on it?

Child A: No you can't

Cher Lim: Why?

Child
A: * paused a while * Because you heavy. They cannot stand you


mOmEnT 4
* during lesson time *
* Cher Lim “explaining” about the importance of not running in the classroom *

Child G: Teacher! Teacher! Yes, cannot run. Later we have black! * said it with great conviction *

Cher Lim: ???? Black?

Friend Jn: Blood!

Cher Lim: Haha! Oh I see I see...


mOmEnT 5
* few of the children opened to use something they are not supposed to *
Cher Lim: * investigation * So who were the first to open the box?

Child D: Is Child S!

Child S: No... is Child D!

Child D: No... is Child S!

Child S: No... is Child Sh!


* Child J walked up to me *
Child J: Cher Lim, I need to tell you the truth ... is me!

Cher Lim: @@! Thank you for being honest. =)


mOmEnT 6
Child G (brand new student): Teacher, Teacher! You know, my house have Ben10 watch.
Cher Lim: Wow!

Child G: I never bring you to school you know

Cher Lim: * nodded my head *
Child G: Because later you scold me and throw my toy away.

Cher Lim: * never address this issue with him before .. surprised why he has this kind of thought * Hmm... don't worry, Cher Lim won't throw away. If I throw away then there won't be anymore Ben10, I will keep it and play myself

Child G: * shocked * Huh? You cant... Ben10 is for small children, not for big people

Cher Lim: =)


mOmEnT 7
Child J: Cher Lim, why you never come yesterday?
Cher Lim: Oh... I have toothache (actually is problem with wisdom tooth)

Child J: * paused a while * Cher Lim, you got eat vitamin C?

Cher Lim: Hmm... no, why?

Child J: You must eat vitamin C you know. Vitamin C make your tooth strong.

Cher Lim: =) Oh... I see I see!

Child J: I eat vitamin C in the morning you know.


mOmEnT 8
Child C (only 4yrs old): I am the army leader!
Cher G: Child C, if you were the leader, I am the captain ... you must listen to me

Child C: I am the sergeant!

Cher G: If you were the sergeant, I am the commander ... you still must listen to me

Child C: I am the commander!

Cher G: If you were the commander, I am the president!

Child C: * silence * Are you Obama?
Cher G: Haha!

No comments: