Tuesday, February 17, 2009

s_ary month

MARCH is approaching in less than two weeks time... I'm storing all energy now.

Beside two individual & one group assignments to be due in the early weeks of March... my main worry and “headache” are the PRACTICUM + practicum folder.

Practiculm – beside the fear of “a pair of eyes watching me as I conduct lesson”, the preparation can be pretty challenging as got to make sure I “select” the appropriate number of children, to ensure they are able to work independently at corners, to make sure the activities are age-appropriate & fun, to make sure I pick the right materials/manipulatives for each activity etc etc etc.

Practicum – to decide on 3 learning corners (where? how?) that goes with the school's theme and create 3 activities each

Folder (to be submitted after our practicum) – consists of centre/class observations, observations of children, teaching goals, 1 thematic plan, 4 activity plans, learning corners' floor plan, objectives. And of course 8 reflective journals, letters, memo, photos, self-evaluation, checklist etc

I'm very sure the day that my coursemates & I go to school to submit our final folder, we will definitely cry then jump out of joy.

Endure everyone in DPTE-18! =)

practicum = a visit by my course's Practicum Supervisor to my teaching school to "view" this Student-Teacher Cher Lim how she conduct lesson, carry out activities, manage the children, how she be a facilitator to the children in their learning, how she communicate with children/parents/colleagues etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW. JIAYOU wor!! (:
go go go