Tuesday, March 09, 2010

byebye my time...

Looking back at week 8-10, really want to thank God for His grace & strength! =)

It can be pretty stressful being the last few weeks of the term as there were much work needed to be done (during and after school hours) and especially when with deadlines - from conducting experiments to adjusting quickly to the last minute changes of plan, to compiling of children’s worksheet to writing of observation reports to the different admin/logistics.

But I guess the “challenging” moment is to sacrifice my time, my precious time in school.
On one hand I already don’t have much time to myself but I got to set aside time for students from NP who are attached to our school for their practicum/learning experience and two of them attached to my class. Beside “setting an example”, I got to sit with them for discussion, to go through namelist to select children for their activity, to fill up feedback form, to have short meeting with their mentor, to assist them to the best of my ability etc.

There were a day where I got to finish off some impt stuff for both my form classes but before I can sit down and start, I was called by my principal to sit in the meeting with all the practicum students as she wanted to brief all together. Once done, before I can enter my classroom, I was called to the office by the admin clerk to settle the readers and by the time I reached my room, it was already 4plus. I then told the admin clerk, “Can you please stop the time?“. Haha!

Few days ago on the actual day of their practicum (where they conducted lesson with a group of 5-6 children and their mentor were around to observe them), that morning Mrs E Tan called for a "prayer meeting" at both classroom to uphold the practicum students and the children involved into God's hands. How nice is that?! =)

Though "that's goes my time!" but it been a joy & privilege to be able to be the Host Teacher for the two students from NP.

No comments: