Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Children are Children

Some common statements…
“the children now are different from the children in the past…”
“is a challenge to teach little children…”
“the children nowadays are hard to discipline…”
Agree and Disagree.

Very often, my little ones have the ability to make me smile simply just by looking at them - their looks, actions, reactions, conversations...
Seriously speaking, in my years of teaching, I have never experience a hard-to-discipline child or child that is out-of-my-control.

I just cant help it but to laugh (loudly in my heart) whenever I see my children “freak out” after just a stare from me or “fidgeting with fear” when I’m talking to them after they did something wrong or peeking at me whether I’m looking as they want to talk/play with their friends.

This kind you must really see the children’s expression live. Haha!
With this, I always find it a "challenge" to hard-discipline them cause most of the time their innocent and adorable face will just melt my heart.

I wont say that I am fierce or good in discipline children but rather believe that most of the children (at least in preschool) accept and respect authority. Very often we will hear from parents that the children value our words more than theirs.

Putting discipline aside, I’m glad that despite of all this, the children don’t find their Miss Lim unapproachable. They are smart, they know when to play with Miss Lim and when not.

I love “working” with children!
May this love and passion never die off…

No comments: