Monday, June 04, 2007

pRaYeRs WoRks

Holiday Science Camp
Together with one of my colleagues, we organized a two-days Science Camp during the first week of holiday.

Per child’s #1xx which includes breakfast, snack, lunch, transport fees, excursion to Sentosa’s Butterfly Park etc. For the 1st time we did something like this in school, we received quite good response of 11 children. No doubt is tiring but is all worth it when the children enjoyed & benefited from the camp.

Blessings from God – our trip to Butterfly Park, my colleague & I were hesitating should we or should we not hire a tour guide (eventhough the children will get a free activity sheet but it will cost much $). In the end, we decided not and went ahead with our tour. Is so amazing, halfway through our tour, there was this tour guide who came to us and after short conversation, he offered us a short FREE guide. Haha! He even went the extra mile to get us this “special aroma thingy” to attract butterflies nearer to give the children a upclose experiences. Not only him, there was this cleaner auntie who offer us great upclose experiences too- not once, not twice but quite many times, she will opened up “cages” to let the children feel the different insects. And can you imagine … all this are FREE! =)

Another amazing about this camp – it acted as a extra income for me. Whatever we “earned” from this camp was divided equally between my colleague & I. My principal was nice, not only was she concerned whether will we earn much after all the hard works, she also rejected when we wanted to pay some to the school.

All in all … in two days, ~10hours … I earned myself $3xx. Praise God for the extra income that came just on time! =)

No comments: