Thursday, May 14, 2009

cHiLdReN oH cHIlDrEn

I was in the bus this morning when a young girl (prob 4 or 5 years old) with her parents came and sat in front of me. Firstly the girl was annoyed about her wet shoes/feet so she was mumbling away but was ignored. And minutes later, the girl was angry when the mum “messed” up her bag while trying to get the rubber band to tie her hair.

Wooo… I was shocked by the way the girl talked or I should say “scolded” the mum. It was really with power + attitude.

The girl snatched over her bag and started nagging” at her mum … “See lahz! Now everything messy already. I cannot put this inside already lahz” etc.

In her “anger”, she beat the mum on her arm… the mum beat her back and guess what, the girl beat the mum back. @@!
In her “wrath”, the mum grabbed hold of the girl’s mouth and talked right into her face.

When I finally can see the girl‘s face, her next sentence to her mum was “I don’t like you ah!” Dad finally intervened … “Enough is enough”

I got to alight…
Is definitely not easy being a parent.

Since I am not a parent yet, my closer contact with children will of course be my angels in school.

Personally, I really think is very important to strive a balance when it comes to discipline a child. Never will I want to see my angel/s climb over my head.

The one thing I definitely don’t like/can’t tolerate - - disrespect.
That’s one point that I always stress to my K2 angels.

*caught on camera * Is storytime ... check out the "special one"

No comments: