Wednesday, April 27, 2005

-tEaChInG-

Class 1
Teacher Yanni: if is number 5 then you colour 5 boxes k
Child A: (blur look)
Child B: (confuse look)

[rest of the children who finished are already playing]
… a while later …

Teacher Yanni (pointing to number 3): what number is this?
Child A: 3
Teacher Yanni: then why you colour 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 boxes?
Child A: *speechless*

Teacher Yanni (pointing to number 5): ok what number is this?
Child B: 5
Teacher Yanni: count 5 boxes for me
Child B: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Teacher Yanni: whey! Count properly … I only want 5
Child B: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 (point to one box and counted twice)
Teacher Yanni (“volcano” erupting): hello! How you count! I only want 5!
Child B (fear in the face): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 (point to one box and counted more than twice)
Teacher Yanni (“volcano” erupted): aiya! You know how to count a not! 1 2 3 4 5!!! Colour!!!

Class 2
Teacher Yanni: children! You can start writing your number “4”
Child A: *choosing pencil slowly*
Teacher Yanni: hello! Are you ready to start already?
Child A: *started moving her pencil*

5 minutes later …

Teacher Yanni: hello! After so long, you only wrote two “4”
Child A: *panic look*
Teacher Yanni: hurry up! hurry up!

teacher Yanni walked around so walked back …

Teacher Yanni: hello! hello! Why are you drawing the chair?
Child A: *kana scared by my sudden shout*
Teacher Yanni: you haven’t finish your work and your are drawing the chair! You are going to stay here and finish up your work!
Child A: *writing her work slowly*
Teacher Yanni (no energy to shout already): I’m going to leave you here already. Bye!

That single day itself … think really kana devil’s attack. All happened on the same day, during the same session and some more one after another class. After I scolded one class, the “fire level” in me already at my neck level then when the next class come in, somehow they don’t seem to behave so got to scold again. So by the time the next class come in, my face already turned "black". But thank God somehow when reaches the last two classes, my energy level already went totally flat so no energy to scold. But what I will do is I will ‘pretell’ the children first that I’ve been scolding since first class so told them if they don’t want to be scolded by Teacher Yanni, they must really behave. Haha … it worked! =p

But for the teaching part … really test patience! Is like when your “fire-level” have already exceed your own limit, the children must really do something to make you explode. BOOM! As I was teaching them the Maths concept and they don’t really seem to understand me at all, it really remind me my secondary school times when the teachers or my friend explained and explained and explained to me certain Maths concept, I will just looked at them with this “huh” look. Haha~ Perhaps God want me to teach Maths is because I can really relate with the children, cause I was once in their shoes. Haha~

No comments: