Friday, August 11, 2006

tEsTiMoNy...

Recently at our JAMs’ Breakthrough Conference, I had the chance to share my testimony to my fellow JAMs workers on how JAMs ministry has impacted my life. A rare opportunity so thought can leave my testimony in my blog.

Hi everyone, I’m Yanni and I’m 22years old this year. I joined City Harvest Church in 1998 when we still in the former Hollywood Theatre. I used to be a person with low self-esteem and this made me a very quiet person who doesn’t like to speak out, especially in big group settings. I can still recall my first few visits to church events; my members had to try very hard to get me to talk. Usually I will just answer their question briefly and then stop. A “wallpaper” is how you would describe me then as I blended into the wall perfectly. Talking in a big group has never been something I could do, not to mention speaking on stage.

I joined JAMs Church in 1999, when I was only 15 years old.
JAMs Church has really impacted my life a lot.

I started serving as a bus helper in W5, during then was known as Penguin Bus. Shortly after, a new Bus Captain took over the bus. She was none other than Joli. Under her discipleship and guidance, I really learnt a lot. She is currently my Zone Supervisor and till now, she has always been a role model whom I look up to. Over the years, many opportunities were given to me. I had the confidence to take up these new tasks and roles because of the trust I know she had in me. It took a few years before I was official promoted as the Bus Captain of W5. I had been with W5 for quite many years, W5 came a long way. By God’s grace, last month W5 experienced a great breakthrough on a normal weekly service- 32 with 0 ama! All glory to God! To all BCs, if God can bring breakthrough to my bus, God can do it for yours! Just keep believing and leaning on Him!I just want to take this time to say a big THANK YOU to Joli, for always trusting and believing in me and in W5.

As the years past, greater opportunities were given to me, to do service segments. I was shocked when I was told for the first time that I am to be the cheerleader. Though I was fearful, I did it to the best I knew how. Soon after, I was given the opportunity to give the announcement! More than just cheering the girls on, now I need to speak out on stage. I was even more afraid so I guess I really did it by faith. Till now, I always remembered what Sis Lily said before- everything there’s a 1st time so don’t be afraid, have the right attitude and give it a try. You never know until you try!

Subsequently, I got a chance to do games and just last year, for the first time, I was given the opportunity to teach during tuition segments. A greater privilege came when I was given the chance to do segments in big day- announcement & games. To do games with Yucai, Karen and Santhi has been a good learning experiences for me too. I was also given the opportunity to do offering segment, the segment which I least see myself doing in JAMs service, greater faith was required from me as I got to be serious and talk about God’s Word. All in all, really want to thank Sis Lily & Santhi for believing in me and for all the opportunities given! Most importantly, I want to thank God for the faith and boldness.

Last year in May 2005, I took the biggest step, to cross over to JAMs ministry cell group. Really thank God for the privilege to serve Him in a greater way. Throughout all these years serving in JAMs, I have changed and grow a lot. All this exposure in ministry, serving the students, communicating with parents and taking service segments has really built up my self-confidence a lot & enables me to open up more.

Last but not least, want to thank God for the friends I met in JAMs Church. My cell group members in JM1 & JM2, my 2 leaders- Sis Lily & Adiel and the group of workers who I usually hang out with after JAMs service & not forgetting the workers who I serve together with. To end off, serving in JAMs has always been a privilege to me- not a chore/routine but out of passion & love. To all you workers out there, let’s keep our fire & passion strong serving in JAMs.

Thank you! =)

No comments: