Wednesday, January 10, 2007

jOuRnEy StArTeD... ... ... ...

3yrs working in PAP Community Foundation (PCF) Kindergarten- started when I was 19 yrs young.
To me, is not just “dream come true” but also God's miracle! Who can ever imagine someone who don’t have a complete o’level & no working experience can successful become a teacher. Thank God for the friend who introduced and not forgetting the favor of man.

Looking back, I myself also “shocked” to tell people when they asked that I am a T-E-A-C-H-E-R. The day when I took my o’level result for the 2nd time, I thought to myself that I will never get to fulfill my dream of becoming a teacher. With man it may be impossible but with God, ALL things are possible!

These 3yrs in PCF… I learned a lot, gained a lot and also been through a lot.
* I was sent to Cert in Preschool Teaching course (a must for all preschool teachers) . Not only was
I sent to attend different courses, workshops and talks to equip & upgrade myself, I didn’t have to pay for it but I was paid after completion.

* I was given the opportunity to be the Chairperson for K2 Graduation Concert in 2006. I got to give a speech infront of hundred of parents, GRC members & guest-of-honor, Mrs Lim (MP).

* I established good friendship with my colleagues. Being the youngest, I’m always “pampered” and well taken care of by them. Like what I told the school cook, I will never forget the cup of milo she made for me when I’m sick. The school cleaner who always prepare my favourite dish weekly and special dessert for me on my birthday.

* I established good relationship with students’ parents. At times when I met ex-students’ parents, they will acknowledged me. The most interesting is even the students’ grandparents saw me, they smiled and greeted “Yanni Laoshi” or “Laoshi”. Sometimes I also don’t know to react but it really shows the respect they have.

* In 2006, I met a super challenging class! In this particular class, there is not just one or two or three active children but almost ¾ of them need my special attention. Is a class that everyday before they come to my room, I must “set” my face to be smile-less and if unnecessary, keep it that way throughout the lesson. Been there 3yrs, never experience any class as challenging as this. 2007, they promoted to K2 and I believed there is not much change so can expect them to be in the same class. Come one day when I am free, I would want to drop by to visit them.

No comments: