Monday, January 29, 2007

sAfEtY...

Let’s always be careful, especially on the road… be it driving or by feet.

Few days ago, my Eldest Uncle passed away. It was so sudden!
*shocked* as didn’t expect that cause I knew he has no record of illness.
It was an tragic accident- he was on his way home on his motorbike when he was hit by another bike. The bad collision caused my uncle terrible injuries on his head which caused him to die immediately and the other motorist survived with slight injuries. *is so unfair!!!*

Days at his wake, whenever I looked at his photo near the coffin, I still really cant bring myself to believe that he is not around anymore. =(

Being the eldest, he is very well respected among his siblings & us, his nieces & nephews. Though I am not close with him but to me, he is not an unfamiliar uncle as often will see him at family gatherings. Partly also my parents, his family & few other families are the often-get-together ones.

Every year without fail, on the 2nd day of CNY- all relatives will gathered at his house and as he is the eldest, many will sure be there so his house can be considered a must-go-house.
Every year at his house, he will cook his famous dish- claypot noodles. He will always be so busy cooking pots and pots and pots for families after families to enjoy. I can’t remember when actually I started eating his claypot noodles, really been yearsssss!
Is not just about the food but I'm sure it would be so different without him around during Chinese New Year.

Kept my auntie & family in prayers…
Let’s always be verrrrrrrry careful when we are on the road or near the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.