Monday, June 15, 2009

I lost it...

I lost .. … … my cool @ JAMs yesterday, to one of my students B.

If you know Std B, he is actually not a young and small-sized boy. Unlike my other students, Std B is one student who at times I am pretty firm with - guess got to set the discipline as he can pretty tough @ times.
If he is good, he is good … When he is not good, he is really not good.
You got to meet him in person before you can understand what I say. Haha!

Last Sun when he boarded the bus, I realized he came empty-handed where he usually came with stacks of papers etc. And the following statements was made by him several times:
“I want to go home”
“Take out my pant”
* his fingers was @ the zip already, if I didn’t use my big eyes to stare at him, he might have just you know you know *
“Play shame play shame”

Cher Yanni sensed something not right so right in the bus I started my nagging session to “prepare“ him before he reach church.

After toilet upon reaching church, Std B refused to wash his hands after doing “big business”. After using all strengths to get him to sit down, he wasn’t when I came back to him after cheer. And he wasn’t alone - he was holding the hands of a female zone helper.

He just refused to let go no matter how many times I tried to ask him to. Guess at times it depends on his mood - sometimes my one stare will be more than enough but times like this, even if I dig out my eyes for him also no use. Haha!

Few times I was so angry that I decided to leave him to the zone helper and I just ignored Std B. He knew I was angry so few times he actually tried to get my attention by pulling my arm or wanting me to look at him but I just ignored. Hee!

Really thank God for protection.
- at once I was outside with him, he wanted to get
in but I refused so there was a struggle. Of course my strength wasn’t enough so I got the help from Cher F & Cher C. Really thank God that Std B didn’t attempt to hit us back - where at times like this in the past he will.

- straight after the struggle, I wanted to “talk” to him so I was actually alone with him. At the moment he was still angry, I really thank God that he didn’t surprise me with a punch. =p

He was ok during dismissal and returning trip - like nothing ever happened before but of course Cher Yanni cannot just let it go by. He got it from me “big time” - my nagging x10 too. Haha!

At the end of the day, I was 20% tired and 80% angry.
What really made me … was on one hand I wanted to discipline him as I really believe for him @ this age/understanding level, he shouldn’t have done what he did. But on the other hand I was very much “restricted” as there was the female zone helper.

My “principle” when it comes to discipline (even in kindergarten) - unless you can “sing” together with Cher Yanni if not she will prefer you to stay out of it.

No comments: