Monday, August 10, 2009

My FiRsT tImE

I was there! I was there! I was there!
I was there at the mega event - Singapore’s 44th birthday!

To get ndp ticket can be pretty challenging … not to mention to get not the preview, not the rehearsal but for the 9th Aug!!!

Thank God for Std M & granny - I was given two tickets!
Friend Z to S to M to Friend Y, the ticket lastly went to Friend L.
(ps: just when I thought the ticket so “precious”?? Hmm…)
Woohoo! Thank God for the good seats - front & center.


Wonderful! Total different feel to watch from tv and "LIVE"!
The "warm-up" activities was fun! The happenings on stage, in the air, on the water, upclose among the audience was like x10 in size and x10 in excitement (at least to me).

I was so busy capturing all moments in my memory that I decided to put aside my camera and just enjoy "the moment". =)


ps: actually I quite like the above segment! =)
When the hosts first got us to look up, I was like "where? where!". Then the next thing when I looked up again, without seeing the helicopter, I saw 12 tiny little things coming down!



Other than the crowd (esp dismissal), all was WONDERFUL!
I wouldn’t mind going again! =p
(Met few JAMs students - two of them were telling us that they get the actual ndp tickets EVERY year! Hmm....)

To add on to the challenge of Friend L & myself to “watch over” Std M & granny in the midst of the "red sea" … halfway through the journey, granny wasn’t feeling well (really not well) and little Std M was sleepy! We were so desperate for transport that we almost wanted to call the ambulance but thank God granny was much better after few rounds of vomit. ~phew~

~ back home ~
Though tired but all in all, definitely worth it! =)

I am proud to be a Singaporean!

No comments: