Sunday, January 10, 2010

FIRST week

4 Jan 2010 - the start of my journey in LSK

How was my first week?
Few days before school reopens, I guess I was only 20% excited and 80% nervous!
Just the night before - I know that I got to put to a stop of all negative thoughts and confession! I lifted myself to the Lord… I felt His peace!

Received smses from few friends asking how was my first day @ work.
Not a standard answer but it was a good start and a good time with colleagues/children. After a month break, is always good to be in the midst of little children.

Throughout I actually have a senior colleague hand-holding me where she was around to guide me along the orientation week, how their lesson is to be conducted, their routine, their culture, their style of doing certain task etc.

Really thank God for peace & boldness - I used to “tremble” when I teach infront of an adult but not so this time when this senior colleague was around to observe me. I was like having much fun teaching and enjoying every moment with the children.

This entire week been rather physically tiring - having to be out and in school for close to 10hrs.
I was shocked when I saw the remainder value in my ezlink card cause this entire week other than home and school, it was still home/school.
Too tired to go anywhere in the night? Haha! On Fri night, I even slept @ 7pm plus!

But it been nice experience working @ LSK - morning prayer, morning worship/sharing, spiritual assembly, prayer/grace before lesson/snack, spiritual input to children etc etc.

Like what I told my principal - by God’s grace, my stay in LSK will get even better! Amen! =)
Looking forward to week 2!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Yanni! I'm sure you'll have a great week 2! sweet deal!

-you know who i am, i'm sure :D

becca said...

your remaining 51 weeks will be even more awesome! :))

lyn said...

@ Anonyomous
Of course I know who you are! =) Yes! It will be a flipping awesome week 2!

@ becca
Power you! You have greater faith that I do! Hee!
Next 51 weeks! Amen Amen!