Sunday, January 03, 2010

what will you do?

Had an “interesting” experience @ JAMs…

Right at the beginning of the first service of the year, the students were informed about the “rules”. One of it - to refrain from going toilet during service. And if they still choose to go, they will have to stay outside the hall till further notice.


Once I was @ the door with Teacher XX…
For a few students - they went out and actually waited a while (patiently) before they were allowed into hall again.
For another few students - after we told them they may not get to come in immediately once they leave - they uturn back to their seat, you could see that they did some thinking. Haha!


But there was this Std D who made a big fuss - actually he went to the toilet but as there were no one outside to hold him so he returned immediately.

So I decided to tell him that was his “last chance” and if he ever go out again, we will be strict with him. I could say that to them obviously means that he is one with understanding.


As Std D listened, could see the change in his expression and then a fist appeared…

“You don’t let me go toilet … what if my kidney burst how?
If my kidney burst, are you going to pay for my kidney?”
* said it with angry tone *

“Don’t worry, your kidney won’t burst so easily” … before I could continue, he was being ushered away by his bus teacher.


I know Std D and I know his attitude can be quite bad and has temper problem but I’m actually quite disappointed with the way he answer/respond to us.
And I guess I was even more disappointed when his bus teacher told me things like - “He is in bad mood today. Guess he is more than happy not to come in. You are thankful that he didn’t whack you or use vulgar words. When he is in bad mood, he is like that one.” etc.

That point of time I was thinking - so you mean because of that, you allow him to be doing the things he is doing? Not sure did the teacher talk to him again in the bus when Std D cool down, I hope so.


Personally being a teacher to many different groups of students … the one thing I can’t accept the most is disrespect, be it towards parents, grandparents or teachers.

Back in kindergarten, if any of my angels were to show disrespect to any teachers, he/she will receive long one-to-one nagging session from Cher Lim. =p
As for JAMs, I guess is likewise … and probably for students with understanding and certain age level, there is kind of “expectation” also.

What will you do if you were his teacher?
Allow him to behave that way because he has temper problem?
Allow him to behave that way because he may whack any time?

2 comments:

Ah li said...

Haiz... Bad behaviour should never be condoned. That teacher has no stand. Sighs..

lyn said...

Yes! Bad behavior should NEVER be condoned! I will go tell the teacher about it! =p