Thursday, October 21, 2010

Drama-Rama

WARNING! Going to be a long entry!
Just want to keep this LSK journey as a memory.


During my time with the last kindergartens, the children's concert costume were settled by the school. This time in LSK, the responsibility falls on the teachers. But as this is my first year, I received help from the various ones.

It all started @ AMK as our 1st stop!
Went with Mrs ML, Mrs MO and principal.
We found nice designs (at least what we wanted) @ one of the carts. But there were not enough stock + the lady boss not cooperative = an unsuccessful deal.

2nd stop @ Chinatown!
This time ALL level’s teachers went. It was a fruitful trip for all levels except K2. As K2 are the graduating class thus gown for girls and smart-looking attire for the boys.

The search continued…


3rd stop @ Tampines!
This time went only with Mrs ML, my level head cum another K2 form teacher. We saw many good designs but the price quite ex. We only took photos to standby if we need to design for the girls.


4th stop @ JP!
On her own shopping time, Mrs MO came across DD shop which sell many dresses etc. This time activated Mrs ML, Mrs MO, Mrs GC (K1 teacher who happened to be our "driver" that day.. thank God for her) and principal. We saw many designs but due to sizes, only Mrs M’s class costumes chosen.


5th stop @ City Square!
Despite the lateness & tiredness, we went there IMMEDIATELY after JP as beforehand Mrs MO also managed to find some @ ABC shop. But due to the price and limited sizes, we also didn’t managed to get a deal.


~Few days later, we were told there were new stock @ JP thus we headed back and this time we managed to settle my class’ costumes! Praise the Lord!
After trying out the sizes on the children, we made our orders. And as there were few “special sizes”, we even talked to the big boss @ HK.

Then series of “drama” started…


At the first collection where I went with Mrs MO and principal, most of my costumes were collected except for two white size8. We made arrangement and were told to collect a week after.

Soon after we received the call, I went down alone during the weekend. But instead of giving two white size8, she gave me two size10 and claimed that size8 and realized HK side made a mistake as big boss went holiday. And for Mrs ML’s class, instead of giving pink size8 and size12, she only gave size10.
* flipped *

Immediately she called her big boss over @ HK and made the necessary order again.
Made known: we want “four white size8” and “one pink size8 and pink size12”.


A week after, I headed back in the evening after I received a call in the morning that our costumes arrived. Just when I thought it will be my last time going there, I was wrong!
Instead of four white size8, she gave me three size6 and only one pink size12.
* flipped flipped *
Spoke to the HK big boss again... though really appreciate their effort and cooperativeness but can be quite irritating as there’s more than one mistake and also we are also running a tight schedule.


But just before I left, another call was made to the HK boss who promised me that she will send her staff to look around for the material and if there is, she will rush work and make four size8 for us. But if can't find the material then she will not be able to = I got to take whatever she sent.

As time is running out so we can’t afford to wait for HK side as we also don’t know what "pattern" they will give again.

So with whatever we have, we decided to do altering. We even got the tailor to take the necessary measurement on the children who are affected. On one hand I was liaising with the tailor but I also never stop calling JP shop.

Just today, I received a call from DD shop and immediately, w/o much thinking, I headed down to JP. Though late & tired but know just got to go as on one hand cant wait to get this “burden” off my shoulder and also cause the children need for full-dress rehearsal soon.


* fingers crossed … prayed along the way *
FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY all my four size8 delivered CORRECTLY!


Thank God that eventually ALL work out well!
Tired? Yes!
Burdensome? Definitely!
Busy? Of course!
No doubt been busy and having lots of “headache” but definitely enjoyed the process!

But like what Principal Mrs E Tan said - "Is not about the destination, is about the journey! Through this costume-searching/settling, we see God's hands at work!"

And bonus = gained an experience… received favor… friendship strengthen…

No comments: