Thursday, February 28, 2013

B... Birthday

WARNING!!!!!
Long and negative post! Read at your own risk!

What is birthday to you?

To me, it is a time to make the star feels so blessed and loved. 

From Yanjie, I learned to be excellence in my gift-giving.
And Team8Leader ever mentioned about how her perspective of birthday changed with the many celebrations we had then during SOT, especially after Teammate XB’s?


Organizing a birthday started being a joy as I get to play a part in making the star’s birthday memorable but lately I find it tough.

The last (and literally LAST) birthday I organized was my leader’s.
From a zone-affair, it became a ministry-thingy thus the group size double. But thank God I only had to focus on my zone while others took care of cg and zones.


Way before...
Started a chat with some “seniors“ in the zone to decide who want to take the honor to organize. No response and one commented to let the “young ones” do it. Of course I would love to but with the response from appreciation then, I thought “hmm.. forget it”.

The chat went silent for few days.
That was when there were not many days to the celebration day so then I decided… I will do it!
To me, is the birthday of our beloved leader, I don’t wish that at the end of the day, no plan or no celebration.


Immediately date the birthday girl which I did a week ago.
Next to choose a place, that can take our big group and with affordable prices. Decided to go back to one we went few months ago as the food not bad and not ex but most importantly, sufficient space.

The “vomit blood” part was that the birthday girl didn’t say anything but others... “Oh! We are going there again!?” or “Your zone really like coming here hor!?” or “How come back here again?!”
In my heart I was thinking, “Thanks ah! Where were you when I asked to give suggestion of makan place?”
Ahhhhhh!!! Seriously I am not asking for a “thank you!” or “good choice!” but maybe just keep quiet?


RSVP… for this, I think I committed “murder” many timessssssss!
But thank God for Friend M who I get to shoot all anger and unhappiness, I sent her the messages I received and vice versa. Opps!
We “scolded”, “fired”, nagged and laughed over together. 

Appreciate those who replied promptly and stayed through.

The reason why we were so “strict” in RSVP obviously due to our big group, 20+ people. They cant expect me to make reservation a day or hours before the event or just add chairs as if I own the restaurant?

Though based on the way they RSVP, it seems like.

There were those who don’t reply AT ALL.. despite message addressed to their name. 


Those who replied “yes” then few days before event said “no” then a day before asked for details (which I sent don’t-know-how-many-times) and said “maybe” and just hours before the event replied “no”. 
Classic!

Those who replied after the “closing date”.
Those who replied coming but didn’t turn up.
Those who replied 2hrs before event that overlooked message and forgot to reply. -_-

Those who replied “yes” at the very last minute when you already called the restaurtant don’t-know-how-many-times.

And those who replied and suddenly "surprised" us with their partner in attendance. -_-
They must be thinking I own the makan place.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!


Was telling Friend M that I almost wanted to place name tag on the chairs so no RSVP on time = no chair.
Friend N agreed too and later mentioned that though I said so, I will not do it. What to do? Don’t want things to turn bad.

With the organizing of this birthday, I hereby declare that… I am going to “resign”!!!
Haha! This shall be my last!


Still, no matter what happen… it shall and will not change my view on birthday. Just that I gotta manage my expectation? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em: as long the birthday girl is happy n blessed, it's all worth it! (: good job!!!

lyn said...

@@!! You are back reading my blog!?!
=p Yeah.. anything for the birthday girl!