Wednesday, November 21, 2007

HoOoOoOrAy!

FINALLY...
after mths of trainings, practices, scoldings, naggings (opps! haha!) ... my school's Concert & Graduation Ceremony ended successfully! PTL! =)

Though this my 1st year with the school, I was given much responsibilities. Together with another colleague, we like the coordinators for the whole ceremony, our “job” to make sure everything went smoothly.
=) Thank God for favor & opportunity!

Just when everyone think the stage looked great, the backstage was in MESS- talkingss & talkingss, children everywhere entertaining themselves in many ways, teachers changing costumes for children, teachers getting children ready etc etc etc. But still in the midst of "chaos", item by item managed to carry out smoothly.
=) Thank God for the success & good team work with colleagues!

My “greatest joy” was still to see the success of the 2 dance items that I'm totally in-charge of. From recommendation of songs to the dance steps (some “pirated” from JAMs ... opps!) to trainings of children was done by Cher Lim & Cher Lim only.
=) Thank God for His strength & PATIENCE!.

It can be quite a challenge to want see all children dance perfectly together with similar coordination. You may have children who are good but still bound to have three or four who will play you out. On the actual day, after I sent forth my children out to dance, I just stood at the backstage to use “eyes power” to “communicate” with them. Haha! Though wasn't very perfect but I could feel a “kandong-ness” as I see each child gave their best shot (as compared to their practices) and received the applause/good comments from audience.

Way earlier, I promised K2 children reward after their concert, asked them what they wanted instead. One child replied, “Cher Lim, later you waste $$$”. I replied him & rest, “Is ok! I know you all practice hard for the concert. Is a reward for all of you!” =)

Is my way to give salute to the graduands - not only they need to memorize the procedure of the whole concert (as they are the main stars that night), they also need to memorize 2 different dance's moves, individual speech in Eng/Chi and also a speech on behalf of classmates. Wow!


Mr HaNdSomE & MiSs BeAuTy, our co-hosts for the night...

children waiting "patiently" for their turn to perform...

=) some of the K2 graduands...

No comments: