Friday, November 23, 2007

iM aFfEcTeD...

Had school's orientation during the last weekend of school, for parents of ex, present & future children. Right from the start was already “trembling” as was told that I need to give a short presentation to parents about next year's new curriculum.

Everything went off well UNTIL parent ABC came. It was during one-to-one time where she voiced out, there was no smile & no greeting from ABC. ABC had a look that going to overthrow everything and a look that ABC is all out to “attack” teachers. But worse was when ABC had a harsh tone throughout the conversation, a tone that may just start a “war”. (am not exaggerating).

hncaabdsjsdajasitumasdkasdot” ... the moment parent ABC made that kind of remarks, my mood went all the way down! After parent ABC left, the biggest “challenge” to me is to brace myself up and carry on for the rest of the meeting and even to force a smile out.

1 bad remarks received ... does 1 or more good remarks “heal” the “wound” in my heart?
Not at all I supposed.

After parent ABC left, there were many good comments/praises (for school and personally for me) made by parents:
. their child love the kindergarten
. loved and greatly influenced by the teachers
. their child benefitted from the teaching system
. their child enjoyed Cher Lim's lesson
etc etc etc etc

But still none of the good comments was able to lift me up.
Haiz... guess we just cant please all the parents?

** Do your best and let God do the rest **

No comments: