Monday, June 23, 2008

fInAlLy...

FINALLY, FINALLY and FINALLY ... I am going for water baptism!!!!! =)

Maybe you be thinking, “Yanni already 2x years young so why only now?!”
Hmm... DO - Dad Objection. Though he is not a very strong Buddhist, he is actually quite strict in this area. But maybe I also didn't really ask him personally before. Just remembered once @ family gathering, my relatives & dad were talking about religious and one of their topics was on water baptism. My dad like made a remarks that he don't approve water baptism. Ever since then, I never dare tell him I want go for water baptism. Hmm... maybe I should have ask earlier.

Few weeks ago, water baptism was “opened”, nothing strike me at first until at recent cgm, my CGL challenged those who are yet to go for water baptism to take the stand as she knows those are who yet to are above 21. She then shared with us about those days when she & her members would kana threats of locked door, change of house's padlock, strong PO etc when they go for water baptism but it doesnt stop them from standing for God.

This hit me ... decided NOW is the time for me to stand for God. =)

A week later, I decided to tell my dad about it. Though I was determined to TELL my dad and not ask him, I was still worried what if he say no then how?
Struggled a while before I stepped out in faith to TELL my dad I'm going for water baptism. Thank God his initial reaction wasn't big. He kept asking me why etc then he posted his real concern, “What if next time your boyfriend not Christian then how? * flipped * Hmm... traditional dad. Haha!

After some peaceful “debates” & assurance to him ... my dad agreed!
Praise the Lord!

ps: mark down your calender ... Sat 19th July @ JW – if you are free, do come witness this great moment with me!

No comments: