Monday, December 01, 2008

sooooo sweet

Last night met one of my ex-kindergarten students on my way back home.
Not any other student, he is one of the students who I showed favouritism (super obvious) to when he was under my care. Haha! =p

Just when the mum asked him, “do you remember her”.
The boy turned back, nodded his head with a =) and replied, “Yanni Mdm”.
Wowow... I was so touched! It been 2yrs since he graduated.

As the previous kindergarten that I used to teach in is located @ Serangoon (thus most of my ex-students all stay in the same area as me) so very often whenever I go central, on and off I will see my ex-students.

There is a shop that is “operated” by one of my ex-students' mum and very often I will see my ex-student there too. Oh man! She is soooooooo tall, guess in no time she will be taller than me! Haha!

=) Personally I would think teaching is not just a job that is physically tiring but also at times emotionally & mentally. Of course not totally caused by the children, but guess also the expectations from parents and the pressure from management etc etc.

BUT no doubt the sense of fulfillment is great! And it can be pretty encouraging that after a few years, you get to meet your ex students and glad to know that they still remember you. =)

No comments: