Saturday, April 04, 2009

GrAcE, sTrEnGtH, pEaCe - 1

Hmm… probably you are thinking why is Yanni blowing her practicum so big?! She also don’t know… haha… just amazed at how GOD see her through! =)
Ladies & Gentleman, check this out :

1) I used only one week and few days to finish ALL physical preparations and requirements to the 3 corners + 9 handmade activities .. where I know some of my coursemates started weeks before their practicum.

There were so many manipulative & materials needed so throughout the period, my mind and hands were occupied with researching, editing, printing, cutting, laminating, pasting etc.


I reallllllly thank God I'm able to finish all stuffs within a week plus.

2) We were actually told by our lecturers to “train” our children earlier - to let them have a feel @ the 3 corners so they wont be lost on the day of observation. Recommended a week before practicum, especially if they are not familiar with learning corners’ concepts.

Due to time constraint, I wasn’t able to train my children earlier so in the end I was only able to walk them through ONE day before my practicum. And if you know my school, my children don't really have chance to work @ learning corners so this concept (independent learning) is still pretty new to them.

31st Mar early morning : I walked around the learning corners' area and PRAYED - for the corners and for the children! =)

31st Mar late morning, the arrival of practicum supervisor : all of the children (except 1 but was controllable) were in their top condition! They didn’t show “pattern” or I-dont-know-how-to-do but they were engaged and giving their best in all the activities.



Was so afraid that my practicum supervisor will make comment on the one child who walk around during the beginning but she didn’t. I am super happy that she gave good comments on the activities.

* hard work pay off *

No comments: