Saturday, June 12, 2010

Again...


Attended the MOE Conference for kindergarten teachers and principals. It was a conference for us to know more about the newly launched K-link and “The Wonders of Outdoor”…

Over at the conference where 1000 plus teachers/principals gathered, I saw my ex coursemates but the greatest joy came when I met my ex colleagues & principal from my very FIRST kindergarten.

Most of them are still teaching there - my ex principal is now a Branch Administrator, one of my ex colleagues promoted to principal and another to Senior Teacher just this year.
To catch up with them brought warmth to my heart and this made me think back…

PCF Serangoon - the place where my teaching journey started
After two attempts of o’level, I thought “that’s it to my dream of becoming a teacher!“ but you see… I have a miracle-working God!
Thank God for His grace & favor - with the recommendation of a friend, I went in PCF as a relief teacher. During then MOE raised the standard of kindergarten teachers hence many of the teachers were required to take course but many of the senior teachers (in age as well) didn’t wish to so they chose to leave and with that teachers were needed.


Thankfully I was asked to go for a proper interview … I passed … and soon was sent to CPT (the basic requirement) by the school.
I am thankful to my ex-principal Mrs G Wong for willing to take me in despite having no experience/proper qualification.


I spent many good years @ the kindergarten.

Can still remembered I celebrated my 21st birthday there too…
Learnt a lot, picked up a lot and had my many “first time” there…

During that season, PCF kindergarten pretty “hot” thus I thank God that He allowed me to start off my education journey there - that was like a “bonus” when I went interview @ my 2nd kindergarten.

No comments: