Monday, June 21, 2010

"thanks" ar

WARNING! WARNING!
Do not continue if your heart is not good.
This is an entry for me to vent my anger! Arggghhhh!!!

ps: probably some of you may know what or even who I'm talking about, pls remain shhh and don’t ever try talking to me about it… haha!


#1: a slip of tongue = laughing stock?

Recently at one event - I said sxx instead of sxxxx. It was just a slip of tongue which I knew at the point of time I made a mistake but before I can even correct myself, someone announce to the whole world with a mic. Like hello?! “Thanks ar” for sounding the trumpet!

#2: crashing my confidence AGAIN

Not long after, someone else with a mic proclaimed that I did this “something” for the first time which the truth should be I’ve been doing that often! Stupid me for giving the person the time to talk. That point of time I was thinking - “Hello! Not everything you need to say over the mic! And if you want to make a joke out of me, can you like do it within a smaller group instead of a crowd?!”

This response to this “something” happened before but from another Friend N which I already showed unhappiness and my other friends know this is one of Yanni’s time bombs and they don’t dare to joke about it and thank to this particular friend, the bomb got activated again. Like what I mentioned before when this "something" first happened - if you guys have opinion of me doing this then pls go to the person-in-charge and take me out from there!

#3: my “pain” = you guys’ happiness?
It happened before … Is happening again!!!

Over at dinner, probably this particular friend ran out of topic to talk or this particular friend wants to let the friends have a good laugh so this person happily mentioned BOTH incidents. I may “haha” at the point when you shared but that doesn’t mean I approve of what you are doing. I could have “flip table” but didn't want to make the situation awkward. I do think before I act but this friend of mine don’t seem to.

The reason I’m blogging = I am totally not happy about it!
To the extend that when this person apologized to me many times after everything, for a minute I was like "too late!" and I didn't even bother to reply the person.
I don't hate the person, I'm just disappointed cause this is not the first time this particular friend did this - at the point when you speaks, why didn't you think twice first? Whats the point of "sorry sorry" when previously you left a cut and when is finally healed, you are like reopening the wound by pouring salt into it?!

Got this from one of my blog entries...
Just a thought: Our mouth can be very powerful- words/comments that we made to our friend/s can either be life or death. The person who said it can meant it to be a joke but a joke must always have its limit. To me … I felt that a joke is not a joke when it cause hurt to someone!
Never carry too far with a joke, especially when your ‘joke’ goes too far to the extent of embarrassing the person you are ‘joking’ about and left the person feeling terrible cause you said it infront of many! “Do to others what you want others to do to you”. Let’s us all be sensitive … and always be watchful/caution with the remarks we made.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Oh no... Hope u r feeling better le :)

lyn said...

Yup, better! Thanks Gina! =)
Didn't know you read my blog...

NHI said...

I'm not sure what happened but hope that you're feeling better. Good to vent it all out sometimes. I'm one who also cannot stand insensitive people. *hugz*

lyn said...

* hughug *
Thank God for blog - one of my channels of venting out.
Def much better now .. thanks Ing! =)