Monday, February 21, 2011

Go home...

Right from the beginning of the school term, Little Child N has no problem adapting to the school culture/routine. She was so steady that she helped her peers and even asked the crying-peers not to cry.

But after being sick and mc for a week, Little Child N returned with a bad & crying mode. Almost everyday (at least for now), she will enter the school crying and will cling on tight to Ah Ma. As she tends to cry till vomit, Ah Ma was asked to stay with her throughout.

Started last Fri and today, we “take it by force” but of course asked the Ah Ma to hang around but hide from Little Child N.

Little Child N cry big time when I took her away from Ah Ma but was later calmed down quickly and much easily. This is one thing encouraging, to meet an easy-to-coax child. You be amazed there can be some who can be hard-to-coax, either due to language barrier or just refuse-to.

Both last Fri & today I was with her or I should say, she was with me.
She can be playing with her peers but the moment she turned and don’t see me, she will cry big time - good and bad actually.

Conversations I had with her:
#1
Little Child N: (crying) I want to go home~~ I want to find Ah Ma~~~
Miss Lim: Ok! I bring you go find Ah Ma but you must stop crying first
Little Child N: (crying… almost vomit) I stop crying already~~ I want go find Ah Ma~~~
Miss Lim: A.. A.. You stop first, we go to the office to take telephone and call Ah Ma
Little Child N: (tried to stop crying but still sobbing): I want to go home~~~
Miss Lim: * pretend to talk to Ah Ma on the phone *

Miss Lim: Ok! Child N, Ah Ma coming ok, Ah Ma must walk first
Little Child N: (sobbing) Ah Ma~~ Ah Ma go buy cake~~~
Miss Lim: Oh yes! Ah Ma go buy cake first then she come bring Child N go home ok
Little Child N: (crying) I want~~ I want to go home
Miss Lim: Okok! We wait for Ah Ma to come. Ah Ma’s leg pain pain so must walk slowly.
Little Child N: (sobbing) I want find Ah Ma~~
Miss Lim: Oh! You want Ah Ma to run then fall down?
Little Child N: (sobbing) No~~
Miss Lim: Ah! Then Ah Ma must walk slowly right
Little Child N: Ah Ma~~ be careful
Miss Lim: * tried not to laugh * Yes! Ah Ma walk slowly ok… so we wait for Ah Ma

#2
Little Child N: (crying) I want to go home~~ I want to find Ah Ma~~~
Miss Lim: A.. wait right, Ah Ma walking already
Little Child N: (crying) Ah Ma walk~~
Miss Lim: Yes! You look at the sun… hot hot right, Ah Ma must take umbrella first
Little Child N: (sobbing) Ah Ma take umbrella~~
Miss Lim: We wait for Ah Ma ok?
Little Child N: (sobbing) Ok~~~ I want Ah Ma~~~

#3
Little Child N: I want to go home!
Miss Lim: Yes! We will go home when Ah Ma comes ok?
(3 secs later)
Little Child N: I want to go home
Miss Lim: Ok! Later you go home ok!
(3 secs later)
Little Child N: I want to go home!
Miss Lim: Ok! Later 245pm you go home, I go home, all of us go home ok.
(3 secs later)
Little Child N: I want to go home!
Miss Lim: Ok!
(3 secs later)
Little Child N: I want to go home!
* Miss Lim flipped *

No comments: