Monday, February 14, 2011

I want! I want! I want!

“I want my Mummy!”
“I want my Daddy!”
“I want to look for my Mummy & Daddy!”
“Mummy?”
“Daddy where?”
“I want Aunty!”

“I want to look for my Ah Gong & Ah Ma!”
“I want to see Jie Jie!”
“I want to go home!”
“I want to go home now!”
“I want carry!”
The common remarks made by the (crying/moody) Pre Nursery little little ones.

Some easily “coaxed and calmed” & some quite challenging.

Some cried the moment they stepped into school, some cried suddenly during lesson & some best - cried when they see their friend cried.

Some stopped immediately, some took a while & some took a long long while.

Some cried silently, some cried with screaming, some cried with whining and some will cry, stop, ok, cry, stop, ok.

Been ~7 weeks into school, on and off there are still little little ones crying. Esp after the long break from CNY but thank God for now, they are settling down well and getting used to the “routine”.
Sad to say… in few weeks time, they will be off for one week holiday. Opps! Haha!

Today Miss Lim’s tank was stretched to the max!

Everything and everyone were ok during morning Pre Nursery but the afternoon’s was challenging. Think they have very bad Monday Blues.

Those who usually don’t cry … CRIED today
Those who usually cry … CRIED more/longer today
Those who usually take short while to calm … took much longer today

Those who usually sit during lesson … took a stroll in class
Those who usually pay attention ... "played" with the shoes/socks
Hahahahahahaha! Really no joke!

The “scary” moments of Miss Lim today…
#1 - both crying (very badly) Little Child C and Little Child E wanted me to carry
Solution: Miss Lim lifted up and gave a hug to each individually then held one on the left and one on the right to walk together

#2 - Best! Haha!
I had crying Little Child C on my lap who every few moment looked at me with “I want to look for Ah Gong, Ah Ma and Ah J!“
Sat right in front of me was sobbing Little Child E who repeated “I want Mummy & Daddy!”
Turned to my right, I found Little Child V took off her shoes/socks.
And on my left were crying Little Child J (who being placed there for a while by another teacher) and see-friend-cry-also-cry Little Child T (but thank God calmed her fast).

Not only that - my eyes got to be on this Little Child A who despite getting him to sit, he went for a stroll around the class. Haha!

Sentences that Miss Lim repeated many times:
"Mummy coming!"
"Going home already!"
"Ok! I call mummy!"
"Ok! I call Ah Gong to come now!"

"Oh! You see the clock! Going to be 245pm already!"
"Later we go press the bell! Then we all go home together!"

Just when the Little Ones were much cool (going home time), I took over a new child, Indian Little Child who cried and screamed and whined to go home and asked for mummy.
* fainted *

Hopefully I will have a “peaceful” sleep tonight… =p

No comments: