Tuesday, April 19, 2011

24 wks - Precious Moments #2

Few weeks back, I visited ICA like 3 times with foreign teammates to settle their Student Pass.
Though “Student Pass” and “Visa” sound so unfamiliar to me, at first was asked to go by Team Leader, whether can I company this teammate who cant speak English. The next two visits were just to company teammates.



It was an "interesting, eye-opener" experience! There were moments where the officers got me -_- and there were moments I witness "inconsistency"! Opps! Haha! Still, thank God I was able to be of help not just to my own teammates but once to another schoolmate, K.
She had some problem with her Visa due to error on her Student Pass. Then she needed a Singaporean. And since she came alone, I actually accompanied her for the an interview with a Senior Officer.

It was so amazing - we met a Christian officer @ the Visa-counter who after knowing this schoolmate attends bible school, he said “Hallelujah school!”. And usually extension of Visa is like ~two weeks, he actually gave her 1mth!
Could see that she was worried/discouraged (as her Student Pass made her went through "difficult" times too) that but thank God I was able to be there to encourage/cheer her on. Thank God everything worked out well. If not she actually has to return back to her country/nearby country the night itself.

Once after SOT, there was a long break to churchwide biblestudy in the night so I went over to foreign teammates’ hostel.

I was overwhelmed by their great hospitality and love! Not just my own teammates but also the housemates who were there! They really treated me like “guest”!
I guess they also had a mission that day - “feed Yanni!” cause the moment I entered their hostel, they kept feeding me with food, fruit & drinks! I actually went went eating from house to house!



One "lesson" learned after the visit - to be contented with what I have. Their living condition may not be that fantastic but it never affect them. They are still a group of happy people who make the best out of what they have.


Check out this photo below…

There was this housemate who was sitting in front of the stove - while waiting for the food to be cook, she was actually reading bible! I am challenged! Haha!



to be continued...

No comments: