Monday, April 04, 2011

Early. On time. Late.

Punctual
- strictly observant of an appointed or regular time; not late; prompt

Punctuality
- the quality or state of being punctual


Let's not talk about church meetings or any important events. Just casual meet with friends/family. What time will you reach if the meeting time is 6pm?
545pm? 559pm? 601pm? 615pm? 630pm? 7pm? 715pm?

Few weeks back I met up with friends. Though I was not the "host" for the night but was bit disappointed with the time they turned up.
6pm was the meeting time.

I reached at 550plus and having a feeling that not many will be on time, I decided not to wait at the station but proceed to the shopping mall (a way to prevent myself from #%*@$)

Shortly after, I bumped into the organizer (the only person who is punctual). Next she told me "the rest of them will be late". At the point of time I thought to myself "I know it! I know it! I shouldn't have come on time!" I was so
#&$*@ that I asked the organizer "why didn't push back the meeting time since all going to be late?!" But organizer replied "they informed last minute!"
Hmmm.. in that case, can I say their reason for being late is not valid?
* speechless *
Then and then, sorry ... I shut down!

Together with the organizer, we went to the makan place and there we waited and waited and waited. Around 615pm, the "host" for the night came. Again we waited and waited and waited, another came. Then we waited and waited and waited, another came (flipped to know late cause went shopping).

Dinner started. Just when you thought that's all ... two happy people strolled in stylo-miloly after 7pm with one greeted us and another just a "sorry!" Seriously for the last two, I need to learn to "get used to it" cause out of 3x, they are late 2x. Arrrgghhhhh!
(have an evil thought: on the day that I am the "host", can the two don't come if they going to be late again?)

I am not always punctual... but I am not always late too.

I know I'm bad to shut down just like that but I was really too disappointed (bit angry of course) cause it is not the first time already!

Probably common reason for many being late is they wanted to catch some rest at home first or maybe overslept?
They are tired, I'm not?

Just before I was out, I only managed to catch a 15mins-sleep then though was sleepy and long to sleep more, I forced myself up with the thought that "Cannot sleep already! Got to meet them later!" And thinking that to give the "host" face, I shouldn't be late.

Maybe to you, it seem like I am making a mountain out of a molehill but.. but.. just think about it - like others, you are also tired but you "sacrificed" your rest and came on time then realized others rested fully and came late. And after you waited and waited and waited for them, they just came with a "sorry" or even giving you a feeling that 'is ok for me/us to be late. is ok for you guys to wait for me/us."
To me, is more like you are not respecting my time.

Is it so difficult to be early? Or even just being on time?
Or you being early/late is determine by who you are meeting?

It takes effort to be punctual. To me, it can be a choice too.

No comments: