Thursday, March 17, 2011

24 wks - Sacrifice

Just when I thought I got to "sacrifice" quite a lot to go SOT, I was “hit” when I heard the testimonies and/or stories of my team-mates, especially those foreign students.

I always admire people who study overseas - how they have to leave their family/friends, their comfort zone and their familiar environment.

On the day of orientation, it was TeamMate ML’s mother’s birthday so as a team, we sang her a birthday song over the phone. As I listened to TeamMate ML cried as she talked to her mum (definitely home sick), it reminded me to appreciate that I am in my "comfort zone".


TeamMate SM…
He has the strong desire and determination to attend SOT but don’t have the $means to but with the support from his church and his savings, he fulfilled his dream this year.
We had a buffet spree on orientation day where he commented that was his best meal so far he was here for 3wks. That statement for a second almost brought tears to my eyes.

I’m challenged by his servant hood and brotherhood - his attitude and his willingness to serve/learn. He always avail himself to serve @ SOT classes and even church event etc.

Hardworking (foreign) students…


SOT - a place where I don’t only get impacted spiritually

No comments: