Wednesday, November 18, 2009

birthDAY...






Whenever is the birthday of some W5 students (mainly the higher ones), I will arrange a birthday lunch for them by getting few other students together.

This month, W5 has two students’ birthday. Few weeks back, Cher PW and myself bought them to celebrate @ West Mall. The highest record … 13 students! Haha!
We had it @ the food court … just when I thought tables for 15 people will be hard to get, especially during lunch hour BUT thank God we immediately found two long tables and it was actually one of my students who found it. Woohoo~~

Hmm… cant remember when I started this in W5 but birthday is actually a time the students really look forward to. Some of them can even make "reservation" or send in their "proposal" one year in advance. =)
I’m sure is more than the present as they don’t request/demand for it but more to the presence aka the fellowship, the time of being together.


As I was happily taking my lunch… I passed $$ to Std J to help with the drinks.
Out of a sudden, Std K came over and passed me a can of coke he got on his own.
I was shocked… is not just me blessing the students, I’m blessed by them too!

I must repent, that day - for a moment I was thinking “Hmm… it been many years already. Enough already right? Can stop this birthday lunch thingy already?”
But the thought immediately went away when I see the joy on the face of the students, not just the birthday star/s but all of the students who were at the celebration.



No comments: