Saturday, November 28, 2009

Cher Lim's precious moments...


~ my current desktop background ~

Who says only children will have =( moments when they experience changes/transition? Adults too… or at least for Cher Lim.

I must say this farewell @ HT schoolhouse is very different and more emotional from my farewell years ago @ p_p kindergarten. I guess is the bond/closeness I have with the children and parents.

Totally overwhelmed/touched by the love of the children and parents.
I gave the K2 children my hp number. But of course before that did some “nagging” first. Haha!
And just less than a hour after dismissal, I received callssss.


One from Child D’s mum - she was telling me that Child D was crying when she get home. And mum was shocked that I am leaving.
Soon after Child S’s mum called - likewise saying Child S was crying @ home and wants me to visit her when she go to primary school.


And from like 2pm plus to 10pm plus, my hp was flooded with calls from children and smses from parents. Esp this particular child Chloe’s mum (look below with **) as my leave seem to have a big impart on her.

Some smses from parents:
“a BIG thank you to you and all the best to you for whatever you are going to do!”

** “Thanks! Chloe wants to call you but is scared, she cried on the way to and from school just thinking about you.”


** “She is ok as she don’t think too much about it. You are the first teacher she misses so much to cry. She is usually not so emotional. She must really love you a lot.”

** “No prob! Thanks again for making Chloe so happy!”
… this sms was made after Chloe get me on the phone.

“Hi Teacher Lim, is it true? So where will you be teaching next, still in preschool? The boys are very sad when they told me.”


“Thank you very much for your guidance and patience with my boys. I wish you all the best and the boys will miss you!”

“So sad to hear that but I am sure it must be a better move thus you’ve decided to move on. Thanks for everything! Are you on Facebook or any email address that we can keep in touch with you?”

~in facebook’s pet society~ “This flower is for you… on behalf of Ethel!”

“Heard that you resigned?? Oh dear, Jermaine is looking forward to go to you for K1. All the best to you!! If possible, do let me know where will you be next. Take care!”


“No wonder Brendan told me Cher Lim have a secret to tell on Thurs… Hee! Ok, do keep in touch!”

I tell you, all this smses really made me … you know you know. =/
I do believe is just a transition for the children and of course myself.


Probably you may be thinking why is Cher Lim so emotional?

Haha! I also don’t know… is just different, very different this time!
Think I may need some time to get over this.
I have never get so emotional over any of my “departure”.


Though my angels in HT schoolhouse may be sad over my “departure” but I’m sure they will get over soon.
BUT BUT no matter what happens in the future… what I really treasure is the time now!

This will be the most precious moments of my life! =)

4 comments:

:: sEcRet LaDy :: said...

ur angels really cute! u tender? where u going..

NHI said...

So sweet of them. You have really touched their lives. Why are you leaving? And to where?

lyn said...

@ Secret Lady... yup, tendered my resignation a month ago already.

@ Ing... Yes, they reallllly so sweet, made me so emotional as well. I'm really overwhelmed by the children/parents' responses/replies.

Found another kindergarten already.. check out my next entry! =)
Thanks ladies!

:: sEcRet LaDy :: said...

omg u tender early than me. Hmmm hmmm. All e best to ur new job.:)