Friday, November 27, 2009

bYe ByE bYe ByE~~

After the successful end of the concert, the past weeks in school been busy, with Parent-Teacher Meeting, clearing of works etc.
Putting aside the busyness, there is a part in me that is feeling =(
My last day with HT schoolhouse is near.

Having to spend a good 3 years… it can be a challenge to leave the comfortable environment, the familiar culture/system, the friendly colleagues and of course the adorable little angels.

26 Nov 2009 - my official last day with HT schoolhouse. =(
I prepared my angels few days ago that I will be telling them a “secret”. Just as I thought they may forget about it, they didn’t. The moment I entered K2 classroom, the children immediately asked me to tell them.

Actually been thinking should inform my children or just leave quietly - one colleague said “better not” but other colleagues said I should.
After experiencing the “shock & constant questioning” when two of my colleagues left previously, I decided that I should at least let my children know and probably the parents who I am closer with. Don’t want to leave them with ???.

Due to the changeover, the children who turned up during the "holiday period" was not that many. K1 with 3-4 absentees daily and K2 only half the class came so bit disappointing can't get to bid my last farewell to everyone.

When I informed the K1, they looked calm but you could see the changes on their face as I continued further. But it ended off nicely after my photo-shoots with them and giving them a little gift. =)





But it was a total different feeling @ K2- somehow I struggled to start. Afterall they are my babies who I have taught for 2years but most of them I know them for 3years. Seriously, the children from K2 has a special place in Cher Lim’s heart.


Recently this class been very expressive. Probably they know they are graduating from preschool.
Particularly this two girls, whenever they see me coming near, they will run over and hug me (tight) and refuse to let go until I shake them off. Haha!
And this girl kept going around to tell her friends “Teacher Lim is my best friend”. Haha! There was once I was somehow angry with the class and this girl came over, put her hand around me and said “Best friend Teacher Lim!”. And that of course cool me down.

Believe me a not, it was an emotional time with K2.
The moment I announced my "secret", all of them were shocked and there was this Boy A who cried. You must see his expression - how he starred at me and tears flooded his eyes. Actually I’m very shocked with his reaction cause he is actually one of the boys who I discipline verrrrrry often. With a sobbing voice, he asked “then who is going to teach us?”

I explained… answered their questions… calmed them down…
Qns like "what's the name of your new school?" "why you want to go?" "why you don't to go in Dec?"




It didn’t end after the photo-shoots & gifts-giving.

The huggggggggging, “intense” hugggggggggggging then started.

I gave ALL my K2 children a hug before I did the last dismissal.
* the moment was the hardest ... got to try hard to control my tears *


At the door, most of the K1 took the effort to turn back and wave/shout goodbye to me.
On their way to the school bus, two of the K2s kept turning back to wave goodbye.

One of the K2 girls just don’t seem to want to leave till I shoo her off.
The rest of the children who are still around just stood near me.
I waved goodbye, the last goodbye to all my angels...

Goodbye my angels in HT schoolhouse~~~

No comments: