Saturday, August 28, 2010

In Trouble No More

WARNING! This entry is long!

These few days been bad for Miss Lim.
At my previous entry, I ended by saying that I may be in another “trouble”. This what happened…

Back in school on Thurs, I was inserting observation report into children's observation file. Just when I’m happy that I’m on time with everything that need to be done … I was SHOCKED when I can't find Child S’ observation file.

After checking around, I smsed Child S’ mum to check if is at home.
The moment I stepped out of the school, I was sooooooooooo worried!

Reason being that I know the importance of the observation report file. This is something like a report book which has ALL the records of the child not just in K2 but since Child S joined the school. And not just one record every year but 4 every year! That’s why I have so much stress!

If the missing observation file belongs to a PN and N then not so bad? Then will need to retrieve back 1-2yrs of data from various teachers.
I was also thinking if the missing observation file belongs to my Child M who joined LSK only this year then not so bad too, I just have to retrieve back on Z Laoshi and my side.
But this time the missing observation file belongs to K2 and that will means to retrieve back since the child was in Nursery and from VARIOUS teachers!

I just know that if I really cant find .. I will be in real deep trouble!

But I couldn’t understand why cause thought to myself that chances very high Child S returned the observation report but on the other hand, there is no reason I will misplace it cause first of all, is a FILE - how would I get to throw it and second of all - I know the importance so whenever I collected from a child, immediately I will place it in one of the locker-cupboard.

I was so “fearful” that I didn’t sleep well on Thurs night … was telling my colleague that I even dreamed of it - one episode was file was found and another episode was not.

Fri morning, I wasn't in the mood to talk or even smile. The arrival of children came and I checked Child S’ bag but nothing was found. And later got a sms from the mum that she searched but cant find the observation file at home. My heart dropped.

It was bad during the assembly and time with children … usually if Miss Lim’s day don’t starts well, the moment she stepped into the assembly hall and see the children, she will be lifted up and Miss Lim will forget everything and have fun with the children.

But this time Miss Lim find it soooo hard to talk/smile/joke, even in the presence of my children. Really that bad. Probably to add up to that would be the also the many recent things that happened.

After the first session, I broke the news to my level head - surprisingly she was calm. She said that she will help me search again after school. The whole afternoon I wasn’t in good mood too.

Immediately after school, Z Laoshi came in and helped me searched the place but still cant find. Much cant be done cause we got to excuse ourselves to welcome a group of kindergarten teachers who came to view our school.

It was already almost 5pm when the group of teachers left then again nothing much I can do cause got to rush to visitation with Z Laoshi so just briefly told my level head what happened and that I searched everywhere possible.
She told me that later she will check through her piles of observation files too and that she will look at the “weather” first before informing the principal.

In the bus, I was still thinking about “How?” and “Why?”.
Z Laoshi patted on my shoulder and asked me not to worry but to pray. I told her I did … the moment I cant find the observation I prayed! Not just once too!

Just when I told myself got to cheer myself up for visitation, I received a call from my level head.

“You want good news or bad news first” asked Mrs ML
“Haiz. Bad news then!” replied Miss Lim
“Bad news is that you still lost your observation file” said Mrs ML
* Miss Lim’s heart dropped to the max *

“But good news is that Child S’ observation file is with me!” said Mrs ML
“Huh? What?!” replied Miss Lim
* Mrs ML started to “explain” to me *

Then and then Miss Lim found herself in tears … is that kind of burden being lifted up!
Z Laoshi and I were still "discussing" - how did the observation file in my class appeared in Mrs ML's class!?!? Is unbelievable actually cause this time not crossed-class but crossed-classroom!

But it doesn't matters anymore ... most importantly is the observation file has been found!
Praise the Lord! I’m out of trouble!!!

No comments: