Friday, September 17, 2010

First Week

* end of first week of Term 4 *
Though was a busy start but definitely a fun one! =)

Mon - straight after school, set off to JP with Principal & 3 colleagues (Mrs O, Mrs ML & Mrs G) as beforehand Mrs O saw many good selection of gowns at ABC shop. After spending solid time there, Mrs ML’s dance costume was confirmed but not mine.


After a quick dinner, despite the time & tiredness, we set off to City Square as also Mrs O saw few nice selection at DEF shop. We too spent a good solid time there before we called it a day. It was already 9plus when I reached home.

Tues - stayed back after school to finish up the English activity

Wed - first school meeting of the term which started @ 315pm and ended @ 530pm


Thurs - wooooo… “the day”

2 ladies partnering a NIE lecturer came to observe my English lesson, it was being recorded. Was I nervous? Definitely! Haha!

And in the afternoon, had an “interview” which was also recorded down with one of the ladies. Tough and “chim” questions after questions regarding assessment were asked. It went for 1hr+ and really no joke… I found my brain cells dead after the long “interview”.

Straight after school, was “activated” last minute to go back JP with Mrs O and Mrs ML to check out new stock and also for collection of Mrs ML’s dance costume.

We spent quite some time there as Mrs ML did checks on her gowns & made payment. As for my class, we managed to decide/confirm the gown and made orders (after debating the children's sizes).
Praise the Lord!
We even got to talk to their boss in HK who agreed to specially made few “XL” sizes for us. Really thank God for favor! It was already almost 8pm when we left JP.

All in all, we went AMK, Chinatown, Tampines, City Square & now JP! Finally!!! Concert costume settled!

Quite different style in LSK. Unlike my other kindergarten where we chose dance costume (those blink blink) for K2s but LSK chose to let their K2 go for gown for girls and “smart wear” for boys. Theirs be more grand as it will be their final year.

This is my “first time” being so involved in searching concert costume as previously all was taken care by principal then I only need to handle the sizes which can be quite challenging as you have “different sizes & shapes” of children in a class.

I totally enjoyed the time of traveling, searching, walking around, discussing, deciding, confirming, calling, counting, laughing, joking etc. And not forgetting throughout this time, not only did I enjoyed a good fellowship with my colleagues, I also get to know them better and vice versa.


Fri - school hours was busy… as usual on every Friday.

Not only did we get to rehearse for dance, we also did for K2 Graduation Ceremony songs item.

Shortly after dismissal, all teachers were called to assemble for the welcoming of VP/teachers from St Xxxxx Kindergarten. Another round of Peer Sharing.

I was assigned to introduce the English activities to the teachers.
Thank God for the peace & confident… wasn’t nervous at all when I explained to the teachers and even to the VP.

Once they left 1.5hrs later, we started our “weekly exercise” to push back our stuffs to various classroom. * half drained * Haha!

=) week 1 is over… looking forward to week 2 already

2 comments:

Ing said...

It never fails to amaze me whenever I read about your school. What a happening Kindy!!! It's more than a job, it's a calling to teach there! I think half-hearted teachers can never survive there...

lyn said...

Yeah.. def very happening!
I always tell my friends that I am not busy, just happened to be in a busy school. Haha!

Our principal is always on the move with new ideas and also this year our school involved in many "Peer Sharing". =)