Thursday, September 30, 2010

Again?! Again!?

Just when I thought after last week’s Peer Sharing with 30 principals + teachers, the “all observations done” … I was wrong!

Just this week’s Tues, had another round of observation - “Maze” for nursery, “At the Airport” for K1 and “Our Neighborhood” for K2.


Our school been nominated for this “Best Practice” award and thus the judges came to observe how the children worked/interacted at the corners and of course how the teachers be a facilitator to the children.


I was @ the “Our Neighborhood” learning corners. Not much formal teaching, I was the facilitator so then can’t prepare much beforehand as still don’t know what to expect from the children so one of the challenges is to know what/how to ask questions.


Actually I was totally not prepared to be “chosen” to lead cause initially when my class of children were being selected, I didn’t expect much because like the children, I’m not very familiar with the corners.


I’m shocked, very shocked when at one of the practices, Principal Mrs E Tan turned to me and said “That day you got to walk around and be a facilitator etc etc…” then in my heart, I was thinking “Hmm.. You mean I will be taking the class when the judges come?!“


All in all, thank God that everything went well. Special salute to the children who were awesome & great problem solvers!
One of the judges actually joined in the role-play and gave “difficult situation” to the Little Cashier @ supermarket, Little Nurse & Little Doctor @ clinic and even Little Waitress & Little Cashier @ café but all of the children reacted/responded well.


Few days ago, our principal Mrs E Tan shared with us that she received another call from the MOE that LSK being nominated for another award “Best Innovative”. Before she can even finished, a few of the teachers (including myself) who recently got involved in all the formal observations had big reaction and flipped x10. Haha…

But later we realized we wont be involved cause this time only the principal need to do presentation to the respective officers.

* keeping my fingers crossed for any more observation *

No comments: