Thursday, December 02, 2010

LSK family #1

Being in this field for more than 5yrs, I get the opportunities to work in government and private kindergarten. Also had the opportunities to work under/with different principals and colleagues. All have its fair share of ups and downs. To me, LSK is pretty different.

Of course adjusting to LSK culture has NOT been easy!
Struggled BIG time in Term1.


Will never forget how I broke down in front of my principal when she was finding how I was coping. Then was during last few weeks of Term1. Throughout my years as a preschool educator, I definitely been through many downs but this is still the first time I broke down due to work!

In mid Term1, I was already thinking that I don’t want to continue.
“I want to quit!!!” was the thought I entertained almost everyday.
Come mid Term2, a bit couldn’t take it - was actually thinking of throwing in the towel, tempted to tell the principal that I want to leave after 1st semester.


To add on, felt “pressurized” with the demands and work loads.

But come close to end Term2, things turned around - slowly but steady, I adapted much to LSK culture and enjoyed all that I was doing. I started to enjoy and find fulfillment in visitation, the work loads, the commitment etc.


Also thank God that for the favor where relationship been established with colleagues. Seriously it was quite #@%$ as being new there, you don’t have a colleague who you can talk/run to etc.

EVERYDAY, EVERY WEEK, EVERY MONTH, EVERY TERM (esp 1st semester) was a nightmare!
More than just physically, it was tiring emotionally/mentally as well.

Today, as I looked back my one year of LSK journeyl, just one word - AWESOME!


Like what Mrs E Tan always say “Nothing happened by chance".
I’m thankful, very thankful to be part of LSK family.
I thank God for His favor with man and the opportunities given.

... to be continued

No comments: