Monday, November 29, 2010

90%

LSK’s DNA - “Home Visitation”
Both principal Mrs E Tan & level head Mrs ML ever shared with me that teachers themselves got to first believed in it first before going houses to houses willingly as “Home Visitation” DEFINITELY takes up teachers' personal time.

I was informed during the interview about it but I didn’t expect the “intensiveness”.

Home visitation officially started after cny in Term 2.
During then was “indirectly pressured” by Mrs ML to visit as many/fast as possible.
But as I was still struggling with other things, I was still only on “take-thing-easy mode”. At times still complained about home visitation. After each visit, we will be required to write/submit “Visitation Report” then update “Visitation List”.


Come Term 3, I was on “take-thing-fast mode” but months before PTM, I was on “full gear mode” so to minimize the parents coming for PTM. Then was really intense… one day can max up to 3 houses or a few children in a week.

Thank God when it was Term 4, I was only left with less than 5 children to visit.


My greatest joy - I used to complain and dislike home visitation, especially when I got to do it after school hours but… but that was in the past!
Now I simply enjoyed going from house to house, spent hours talking to parents and getting to know the child/family more and better.

At the end of 2010 school year, I can declare
“I have cleared 90% of visitation!”

I am sooooooo happy!
According to my level head, our level K2 teachers did better this year cause last year K2 teachers didn’t managed to cover as many as us.

No comments: