Saturday, July 03, 2010

A Good Start

28 Jun - marks the start of a brand new school term!
How’s Miss Lim’s first week of school?

Tiring! Hmm… probably due to the adjusting from break to work.

Guess not just the teachers were “adjusting”, the children too. Both Z Laoshi & myself agreed that most of the children though are back physically but… … … haha
!

Their “Good Morning Mrs Xxx!” became “Gooood… Mor… ning… Tea… Cher… Xxx”
From non-stop answering to silence for a minute before answering.

Few who always bubbly were quiet. Haha!

Even on the very first day of school, Z Laoshi spotted a child who almost dozed off.


Had a loooooooong meeting on Wed - where we all left with a 9 pages of “notes” to study for the 50 questions test next week. It includes the school’s philosophy, the learning domains, the mission, the vision etc etc. All to prepare us for the accreditation and for the MOE visit next week. To motivate us to “study”, our principals set the reward as $200-$300 if we get certain percentage of passes.

Thurs - had a fruitful 1 hr 30mins visitation. ps: stay tuned to my next entry on this family

Fri - Art & Craft … robot and plane
Always find that Art & Craft lesson @ LSK can be pretty challenging. Cause in my previous kindergartens, I’m used to doing Art probably with half a class or even with full class, the total number of children less than 20.


But here in LSK, I got to do Art with a full class of 27 children. And to add on to the “pressure”, I only have limited time. Just imagine the moment I announced "Children, you can start already!", the next immediate thing you will hear - “Miss Lim!” here, “Miss Lim!” there, “Miss Lim” “Miss Lim” everywhere. Haha!

Yesterday was a nice experience - though “Miss Lim! Miss Lim!” were heard everywhere but it was still under control. I was impressed by the children's creativity, their ability and the little details they looked into as most of them did up their robot/aeroplane on their own.
Most of them created their own design. Even later the principal and the parents gave good comments and they will just amazed at the uniqueness of each creation.


So “interesting” - I was with the tables of children, assisting them with the masking tape for the robot and those doing plane were shouting big time for my name but I was tight down so I told them to wait
. The next thing I realized the calling of “Miss Lim! Miss Lim” stopped and when I turned over, what I heard was “Miss Lim, you see my aeroplane!”, “Miss Lim, you see my aircraft”, “Miss Lim, this one can give out smoke” etc etc.

… Check out the above robot!
It has eyes, eyeballs and not just nose but even nostrils!
And holding on to tissue paper too! The designer of this robot said that “Later if the robot cry, the robot can use the tissue!”

It bought =) to my face! Children are indeed capable of solving their problem! Was joking with Z Laoshi that probably after calling "Miss Lim! Miss Lim!" too many times, the children cant tahan anymore already.

No comments: