Wednesday, July 21, 2010

VIsit Visit Visit

Just had one visitation today … from 8pm to 9pm plus plus.
Next appt with be this Fri … one @ 6pm and another @ 730pm.

Next Fri another two @ 5pm and 8pm. Followed by two weeks later another two on Fri.
tbc: one appt on Sat and another in Sept
Not forgetting few more children still on the “waiting list” … for Miss Lim to give them a date.


To me, the most “challenging” when it comes to home visitation is actually coordinating with other teachers to finalize the day/time.
Most of the time, I only need to coordinate with my Chinese teacher.

Only at times will have to with other teachers when it comes to siblings.
Currently having one “headache” as this student of mine not just has one sibling in K1 but another younger sibling in Nursery and that will means I need to coordinate with another four teachers!



I used to dislike the idea of LSK's home visitation and just couldn't understand why must LSK be so onz. I will even be "angry" to know my weeknights are being activated for school stuff. But I thank God not so now - of course home visitation demands much of my time & energy but I found great joy and fulfillment in doing home visitation.

I know more of my personal time will be taken up but still I am looking forward to the next few home visitations - a platform for me to know the child and family more.

No comments: