Monday, July 12, 2010

Visit Visit Visit Visit Visit

Is coming! Is coming! Is coming! Is coming!
Parent Teacher Meeting (PTM)

I used to think~~ last time I was sitting @ the side with my mum as she talked to my teacher but now I am @ another opposite side talking to parents. The “feeling” is kinda amazing actually! =p
When I first started out as a kindergarten teacher, I used to tremble whenever it was time for PTM as that will mean “I need to face and talk to parents!”

But as the years went by and I also believe is the relationship I established with parents, especially in the previous kindergartens (that did increased my confidence) so in the recent years I wasn’t that afraid of PTM.
Even currently in LSK, though I may only know the parents for like ~6mths but there wasn’t much fear/worry. =)

The challenge I faced this time in LSK is that our principal believed very much on home visitation - the DNA of LSK. So instead of PTM, she encouraged us to arrange/go for home visitation instead. PTM should be our last last option.

Earlier in school, I made several calls to parents to request for home visitation instead.
Most of the parents welcomed the idea … opps … that will means MORE visitation for Miss Lim?!?!

To say “Yes” for home visitation is easy but to arrange a DAY is not so. To find a DAY is a challenge - got to coordinate with my level head and Chinese teacher. And then if my student has a sibling in another class, I still need to coordinate with the form teacher etc and then of course to fit into the parents’ schedule.

Miss Lim, is week 3 already!!! Jiayou Jiayou Jiayou!

No comments: